Menu
biff77
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tv control app is very slow to connect

I have 2 android devices which have the tv control app.  Both say connecting (for longer than 5 minutes. Then another 5+ minutes reconnecting without success.  Is this a known problem with the latest app update (xxxx22781)?

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv control app is very slow to connect

Hello biff77

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Not good when its affecting both devices 

Have you tried reinstalling the App to see if that helps 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
biff77
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. The problem appears to be when connected to powerline booster WiFi, (same network name). App appears to connect OK on both devices elsewhere in the house. Thanks
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry biff77

To clarify.  Have you connected direct to the hub to test if the issue exists then?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
biff77
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, tv control works OK. It's only in the room with the powerline booster that it doesn't work so well. If I use the hub WiFi and the move to the room with the booster it works OK if I don't switch WiFi off then on to pick up the booster. Another question is hub3 base led is a creamy white and not an ice white, and the WiFi signal drops out occasionally. I have just done a factory reset so I'll see how that works. Regards. B
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey biff77,

How is it going after your factory reset? Can you confirm whether it's the Hub you're reset or the powerline boosters? Can I ask whether the boosters are third party ones or our own?

I've had a quick look at your details and can see that there are some WiFi issues flagging up. I've had a nosey at your connection details also and can see some downstream power and modem issues. Whilst it may not be affecting your TV Control App issue, I cannot say for sure, but I've arranged for an engineer to take a look so it doesn't become more of an issue with your whole broadband service.

Please check your online account to view the appointment and you may change it if necessary and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
biff77
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was the hub that was reset, and seems to be working well. The powerline booster is 3rd party. I've just had a text to say engineer will be her Friday, but we're unavailable for that appointment. Next text said they would look at my reply (unavailable) and get back to me. I'll log in and rearrange the engineer appointment. Many Thanks
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello biff77,

Do let us know if you're unable to re-arrange it online so we can reschedule it for you.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
biff77
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa, engineer appointment was rearranged ok. All now working as should be. Thanks.
Best regards.
Andy
0 Kudos