cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv Go on Samsung Tablet - Image flickering

arlowood
Up to speed

HI there

Weird issue with my Tv Go App on my Samsung Tablet.

I posted above that I have maxed out my registrations to be able to use my PC to watch on the TV Go service and the only registration available is the one on my Samsung Tablet.

I opened the app today and clicked on a TV programme to watch and got this annoying flickering of the image. Almost as if you were watching an old silent movie. It appeared to be happening on all the TV channels I tried, so I uninstalled and re-installed the app in the hope that it would disappear. Unfortunately no joy - the flickering is still there.

Any suggestions as to the reason for this and what I can do to stop it happening?

Unless I get an account reset from the moderators, my tablet is the only device I can use until the end of this month and the TV images are essentially unwatchable as things stand.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi arlowood,

Some of the Samsung tablets, along with other devices have battery management options that limit performance.

Have you tried looking in the tablet settings?

Some people on the forums have found Macafee was the problem, along with a possible solution on the  /Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A7-TV-Go-App-Judders-Stutters-and-Freezes/  thread

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi

Thanks for the link to the other threads. I've read through most of them and it seems like the issue rests with Virgin and to a lesser extent Samsung. My Tablet is an A6 running Android 8.

The strange thing is that I have been using my tablet for several years and have never had this juddering/flickering issue. It just appeared out of the blue last week and I don't know what has caused it to suddenly appear. I haven't changed any of the settings and as far as I can tell there have been no software updates since October 2020. My power saving option is disabled and I don't have McAfee installed as far as I can tell.

I am a bit reluctant to attempt the removal of the "com.samsung.android.lool" app as I'm not too tech savvy and have never heard of or used the adb function that is referred to in some posts.

I may try sidestepping the app and accessing the TV Go app via Chrome or the Samsung browser on the tablet to see if there is any improvement. Only downside is that doing that will use up another registration slot. I am still struggling with the age-old issue of my desktop PC not being recognised when I log in via Chrome and being flagged as a "new" device. This means I can often reach the maximum permitted devices during a month and get locked out until a helpful moderator clear my account. This I'm afraid is another problem with TvGo that Virgin refuse to acknowledge is theirs to deal with.

Edit: Just logged in to The TV Go service using the Samsung Internet browser on the Tablet. All seems to be working normally with no juddering or flickering. Went back and checked the app again and it's still the same - completely unwatchable due to the flickering issue. Downside is I had to register the tablet via the browser as a separate device so that could come back to bite at a later stage.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi arlowood, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues when using the TV Go app on your Samsung tablet. 

I have had a look in to this issues and see we have previously liaised with Samsung regarding this issue.

Are you able to confirm which TV GO app version you are using? Could you also please ensure that any updates for the app or tablet itself are completed. 

Finally can you please remove the app completely and reinstall. 

Please also let me know if you require your registered devices resetting. 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi Natalie

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from what is currently available on Google Play so I presume I am running the latest version. My tablet is a Samsung Tab A6 and the software was last updated in October 2020 and there are no further updates pending. 

As has been pointed out by others, my tablet has no problems running other streaming type videos so the issue is clearly associated with the TV Go operating system in some way.

Some have gone to the extent of removing an app called "com.samsung.android.lool" which appears to be associated with the power management function in the tablet. However that requires messing with the internal Samsung operating system/structure and I am loathe to do that at the present..

What was the outcome of your discussions with Samsung. Could they not identify what part of the TV Go streaming content was causing the problem?

Hello arlowood

It might be best go contact Samsung as well about the power management issue 

Gareth_L