cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv Control app constantly buffering

SueS78
Joining in

The Virgin TV app has suddenly started buffering, it does it every minute or do, meaning it is impossible to watch any of my content on it. I have cleared the cache, and unistalled and reloaded the app twice, once from the app and once from the settings menu on my android tablet, nothing has worked. Any ideas please?

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a TiVo/V6 customer, or a V360 one? And by extension, are you trying to live-stream broadcast channels/OnDemand content? Or recorded programmes on your box whilst at home?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have a V6 box, and i am trying to watch content that i have recorded

Hello SueS78, welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues with our TV Go app.

Is it just your tablet is it freezing on, have you tried it on a phone or another tablet for example? 

When you load it up on the tablet are sitting somewhere that might not have great WIFI coverage or is the tablet 4G compatible also? 

Please could you let me know how long has been happening for to?

Thank you and I will look forward to your reply.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I noticed the problem a few days ago, it is so bad it is impossible to watch any recorded content on my tablet. The WiFi is fine, and I can stream content from other apps (Netflix, Prime etc) with no problems at all. I have tried to watch recorded content on my phone, also over WiFi, and there seems to be no problems at all. The tablet has the latest updates on, and the app also has the latest updates. Can you help?

HI SueS78.

Can we ask what Tablet it is and have you uninstalled and reinstalled the App

Gareth_L

It is a Samsung S7+, I had reinstalled the app twice without any success; however, last night it began to work without buffering, it seems to have resolved itself?

Hello SueS78, 

Thank you very much for the update. 

Glad to hear its all been resolved now.

Gareth_L