Menu
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Tv Contol App Buffering

Help please. I have always used the TV Control App to watch my shows on my iPad when upstairs but since it’s been upgraded I can still get it but unable to watch my programmes as it’s buffering too much! What’s the solution to fixing it please? I’ve tried deleting and reloading the app but it makes no difference. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv Contol App Buffering

Hi Lindylou9988,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Do you know if the device you're using has the most up to date software version?

Do you have any other devices with the app on? If so does this happen on those devices?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

yes it is the same on my iPhone and iPad. The software is completely up to date. The app downloads and sets up fine. I go into “my shows”, select one, I am taken straight to it and then the magic wheel of doom starts. Occasionally it will move on a few seconds and then starts all over again! Makes watching completely impossible. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information. 

Is this the same on both WiFi & Mobile Data connection?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It will not let me try that as the message I’m getting says “out of home streaming not permitted from this TiVo box”

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for confirming this for us.

When uninstalling the application are you able to log out of your account and log back in as well? You may want to uninstall this through the app settings page on your iPad to ensure it forgets the data for the app as well, meaning this will reinstall as full refresh for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried this but it makes no difference. 

0 Kudos
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have now got a new message which makes no sense! It says “Can’t stream to device - You are allowed to stream to a maximum of 12 mobile devices in a 30 day period and you have reached this limit. You can reset the device list every 30 days. Your next opportunity to reset is %@“. - any ideas? I certainly haven’t got 12 mobile devices! 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

Can we please confirm if you've noticed any issues with your Tivo box as well as the app itself? 

When you take a look on the device management page do you see anything you don't recognise? 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Lindylou9988
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

No nothing untoward. All working fine. My app suddenly started buffering about a month ago and I’ve tried everything to sort it. 

0 Kudos