Menu
Harringd
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Too many devices

I use Ccleaner on my pc and I think this is causing my pc to use a new device count every time I login to TVGo. Is there a way to avoid this without  disabling Ccleaner?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Too many devices

Hi @Harringd

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply. I've never heard of that but does it presumably clear cache and cookies? Haha. If so, keep doing that but keep the TV Go ones or it will recognise it as a new device each time.

Would you like me to reset the devices for you? Let me know if so and can assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Harringd
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

That would be very helpful - I am not sure I fully understand why this is happening. I think Ccleaner clears out Cookies each time the browse closes. There is an option to keep some cookies - is that what I should do?

Many thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Harringd

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Please keep the TV Go ones yes 🙂

I'll PM you now to get the devices reset

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Harringd,

Thanks for joining me on PM 🙂

I've reset the devices for TV Go for you. 

I've also noticed there is an SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue affecting your services. You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The fault reference is F008779391 and the estimated fix date is the 2nd March.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos