Menu
richl99
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That TV Go login problem ... again

I am a new customer to Virgin Media, and I am, unfortunately, experiencing the same problem logging in to TV Go as, it would appear from posts on this forum over a significant period, including earlier this week, are many other people.

To summarise, I cannot log into TV Go, either in the Android app on my phone, or the web page on my laptop, with the username & password which otherwise gets me into the 'My Virgin Media' web account and the 'My Virgin Media' app, and even the Sky Sports app without any problem whatsoever.

Every time I try logging in to TV Go, (via app or browser), the message that comes back is "Sign-In failed, please sign-in with your main user account. Sub-accounts cannot sign in to this service"

I have not set up any sub-accounts in my main account, so that definitely ain't it. I have also tried changing my main account log-in username, again, to no avail. Uninstalling & reinstalling of the TV Go app has no effect. Using different web browsers has no effect.

One interesting point is that after I had
changed my account username, if I then tried logging into the TV Go app with my old username, the error message changed to "Your username or password looks wrong". This would imply that a correct username and password is definitely recognised as such, but, for some reason, is being classed as a sub-account, and so rejected by the app.

Can anyone possibly help, (other than suggesting that I read the TV Go app support and help pages, which I already have, and which don't come anywhere close to addressing this particular problem)?

I must say that I find it extremely surprising that this issue appears to have been around for so long without resolution. It's a pity, as my experience to date otherwise with Virgin Media has been fairly positive.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: That TV Go login problem ... again

Good morning @richl99 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your TVGO. 

Are you able to let me know, have you previously been a virgin media customer?  Have you taken the account over from anyone else? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
richl99
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zak.

Thank you very much for replying to my post - much appreciated.

To answer your questions - I have not previously been a Virgin Media customer, and I have not taken the account over from anyone else - it's brand new.

I can also tell you, if it's of any use at all, that the email address that I use to login to the 'My Virgin Media' account is the same one I have used in my registration details for this community forum.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Is it not working on any devices at all? Are you able to access's it via a desktop/laptop? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
richl99
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Zak.

I have tried logging in to TV GO on a phone and on a laptop. On the phone (with Android 10 OS) I have tried with the TV GO Android app, and I have also tried using the Opera and Chrome browsers. On the laptop (running Windows 10) I have tried with multiple browsers, including MS Edge and Firefox. All give me the same problem.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for trying that @richl99 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos