Menu
JohnLCC
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Tablet to TV using HDMI cable

Hi,

I have a Fusion5 tablet with a micro HDMI port. When I connect the tablet to my TV using a micro HDMI to HDMI cable I can transfer the sound and picture for BBC iplayer onto the TV screen but when I try to do this with my Sky Sports app (for live sports) a message pops up on the tablet saying - External playback not supported - and I do not get any picture or sound on the TV screen. When I try to get live BT sports programmes through the Virgin app I get sound but no picture (although the sound and picture is on the tablet), there is a message on the TV screen that says - Sorry we can't play shows on an external device. So I can get BBC, ITV etc but I cannot get Sky Sports or BT sports, which I am paying for?

Has this always been the case with Virgin and Sky, that you cannot use a tablet and cable to watch live sports on a TV screen?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tablet to TV using HDMI cable

Yes, Virgin Media and Sky don’t want you to get MultiRoom without paying for a second set top box to service a second TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JohnLCC
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tablet to TV using HDMI cable

Many thanks for your answer.
0 Kudos