cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGo query - Channels and Guide - Help/Advice

vincex
On our wavelength

I do not have all the channels on my available Virgin TV package available on my PC. They do not show up on the guide, but if I go to 'settings' they are ALL there and all are ticked. They just dont show up on the guide (or guide search) and thus I am unable to access them on the PC.

Is there something else I need to do, or is it just I cannot get them all on the PC ?

(For example, PICK is on the settings list, ticked, but not on the guide, thus I can't access it).

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

(This isn't a new error/something that has just occurred by the way, its always been this way)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vincex 

Even though they may be in your package, not all broadcast channels are available via TVGO or TV Control, regardless of your VM Set top box type.

This is due to the various broadcasters and their independant contract agreements/carriage deals (It's the same on the Sky and BT platforms)

If you try and play content from for example BBC channels you will see onscreen text advising, 'BBC x channel is available on BBC iPlayer - EXIT TO WATCH'.

Pressing EXIT would open up the iPlayer if you have it installed and play the program.

Pick, even though also available on Freeview and Freesat is a Sky USP and they don't allow access via apps for catchup on those paltforms either.

Another example. I also have Sky Sports via VM, the TVGO app/webpage on a PC lists those channels and what's on, but if I want to access them then I have to sign in via either the Sky Sports app or the Sky Sports desktop player on my PC. This is Sky's decision/agreement with VM, although oddly enough Sky don't allow VM customers or others such as BT customers to access the Racing Channel in any shape or form apart from via their set top box.

The text below is from the https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control page 

towards the bottom of the page

section General > sub section TV

TV Go: Content available to view depends on TV package. Not all channels/content from relevant pack available. Live streaming and On Demand requires broadband/WiFi or 3G/4G/5G access. UK only. Access via PC, Mac or TV Go App (selected iOS devices and Android™ devices only). Maximum 5 compatible devices per account can watch TV, and only 2 devices can stream at any one time. Only one Sky service can be streamed at a time. Other content restrictions apply.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi vincex,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. This is an interesting one, as you advised you have never received all the channels when watching through your PC.

Looking through our community post from customers with similar issues, we have a found an interesting post here from a customer who was experiencing similar issues.

Our values member @newpollo has given some amazing advice, which may help resolve the issue.

Please take a look at the link and come back to us if further help is required. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vincex wrote:

(For example, PICK is on the settings list, ticked, but not on the guide, thus I can't access it).

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

(This isn't a new error/something that has just occurred by the way, its always been this way)

Do you have a 360 box or TiVo / V6 box?

Pick isn't a a streaming channel for TV Go so will only show on the website for series link management for a 360 box. Additionally you can set the website to only show channels you can stream, or you can set to use a profile which can have a custom channel list - both these options may hide a channel from the main guide.

The TV Go website for TiVo/V6 customers will only show streaming channels once signed in - series link management is only really possible through the TV Control app.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

vincex
On our wavelength

I already use the web app since I access it on a PC, so am already following apollo's advice.

I can access many channels, its just some of those on my TV package that dont show up on the PC.

The reply from BenMcR seems to imply that not all channels are available for streaming to a PC if my TV virgin box is TiVo, which it is.

Is this the case?

(I would have expected that if it is part of my TV package, then I should be able to acces it on my PC once I have logged in, but this isnt the case).

Can anyone/Virgin/Forum team confirm whether this is a bug/error (and how to fix), or just how it is ?

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vincex 

Even though they may be in your package, not all broadcast channels are available via TVGO or TV Control, regardless of your VM Set top box type.

This is due to the various broadcasters and their independant contract agreements/carriage deals (It's the same on the Sky and BT platforms)

If you try and play content from for example BBC channels you will see onscreen text advising, 'BBC x channel is available on BBC iPlayer - EXIT TO WATCH'.

Pressing EXIT would open up the iPlayer if you have it installed and play the program.

Pick, even though also available on Freeview and Freesat is a Sky USP and they don't allow access via apps for catchup on those paltforms either.

Another example. I also have Sky Sports via VM, the TVGO app/webpage on a PC lists those channels and what's on, but if I want to access them then I have to sign in via either the Sky Sports app or the Sky Sports desktop player on my PC. This is Sky's decision/agreement with VM, although oddly enough Sky don't allow VM customers or others such as BT customers to access the Racing Channel in any shape or form apart from via their set top box.

The text below is from the https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/go-control page 

towards the bottom of the page

section General > sub section TV

TV Go: Content available to view depends on TV package. Not all channels/content from relevant pack available. Live streaming and On Demand requires broadband/WiFi or 3G/4G/5G access. UK only. Access via PC, Mac or TV Go App (selected iOS devices and Android™ devices only). Maximum 5 compatible devices per account can watch TV, and only 2 devices can stream at any one time. Only one Sky service can be streamed at a time. Other content restrictions apply.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali