cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TVGO app

Is2403
Tuning in

I am signed in to the TVGO app on my iPhone 12 and it is working absolutely fine. I can watch live tv and saved programs. I can connect to both of my V6 boxes. 

If I try to watch anything on my iPad it says that I have to login with my VM user name and password. I enter the exact same login details that I use on my phone and get an error message saying the username or password are incorrect. I have tried a second iPad and have the exact same issue. 

I would prefer to use the bigger screen of the iPad and I am reluctant to log out of the app on my phone just in case I have the same issue. I was actually watching a recording on the iPad when the problem occurred. It said the recording was no longer available and it hasn’t worked since.

This is extremely frustrating. I am on a VM staff package. 

9 REPLIES 9

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Is2403,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with TV go on your Ipad. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. Just to confirm, how long has this issue been ongoing?

Are you accessing Tv go by the website or via the app? Do you get the same issue across both platforms? Also, are your iPads up to date with IOS software?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

both iPads are up to date and running on iOS 15.5. I have the same issue when trying to access on the web and the app. I have also tried on a laptop and get the same issue. 

The problem has been ongoing for approximately 7 days. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Is2403. I know this sounds like a silly question but I do need to ask you all the same, have you tried to remove the app and re-install it on your devices?

Have you recently changed your password for your online account? 

Regards,

Steven_L

I have deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times.  

There have been no recent password changes. I have tried to change the password to see if this would resolve the issue but I get an error code DEF01

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Is2403,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Are you able to take a look at our How to use Virgin TV GO app page to see if this can help?

Are you able to change your password on your iPhone to see if that works? Are you able to share a screenshot of the error you're receiving?

Have you tried accessing the TV Go app on a different device, like a laptop or PC if they are available to you? What happens when you try to log in?

Keep us updated if you can please.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

I am unable to log in to the TVGO on a laptop. I have tried two different laptops. 

I understand that I need to login to TVGO with my primary account. I am unable to find the section of my account where I can update this  password. I no longer haves access to that email address. 

I have changed the password to the secondary email address.

I am now logged out of TVGO on my iPhone and am unable to log back in. 

Would I be able to get some assistance with resetting the password on the primary account?

thanks

Hey there @Is2403, thanks for the post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the TV GO app and My Virgin Media.
I will look in to this for you and I will send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

I managed to call customer services this morning and they gave me a temporary password to log in to my primary account. 

I was able to access the account and reset the password within half an hour. 

I now have TVGO working on my iPhone, iPad  and my son’s iPad. 👍🏻

Glad to hear all sorted 🙂 do pop back if we can assist further with anything

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill