Menu
vincex
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TVGO - Microsoft Edge

I use the TVGO option on a desktop PC using the latest microsoft edge browser. I have the very latest Edge browser release (confirmed with Microsoft).

I can access and view TV but when I first enter tvgo on the browser I receive a popup message headed 'Update required' and details stating 'soon this version of your browser will no longer be supported. Please update your browser to the latest version"

I can OK this and continue to view programs but am concerned it will stop 'being supported' soon, and as stated I am on the latest version and thus cannot update.

Can anyone/virgin techies/etc advise what browsers are supported and what versions, why I get the pop-up message, and whether my access will stop 'soon'

Thanks in advance

Vince

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TVGO - Microsoft Edge

Hi Vincex,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV GO services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

If you are on the current updated version of Microsoft Edge, this will be fine to use until the version is updated and your current one is no longer up to date.

Other browsers that you can use are Google Chrome and Firefox which work well with the App. 

If you have further issues with this, please take a picture of the error message(s) and post them so we can take a look. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
vincex
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Since I reset my browser to original defaults I no longer get the popup, BUT whilst I am able to view TVGO on my browser for a while, it then (maybe several hours or days later) goes back to the 'unable to play this at this time' message on ALL channels and I can't watch anything. The only solution is to then reset my browser back to original (factory?) defaults again. Once I have done this it all works fine again (for a while).

I am not (to my knowledge) updating the browser in any way in between and whilst the reset is currently a solution, it is a bit of a pain because cookies and autofills that have been previously set-up/agreed have to be agreed again when I access the website.

Not sure why this should be happening.  Do you ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vincex,

Thanks for coming back to me, I am glad you found a resolution to the original pop-up issue, but of course as is with technology - when one thing is fixed another thing breaks lol

I would advise to delete the cache within the browser and also keep an eye on your connection, as it could also be a drop in WIFI that causes the error message.

Can you download Chrome or Firefox for me and see if the issue still persists please?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos