Menu
Robg21
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TVGO 360 - not on Home Network

As a new customer I had the 360 box installed a few days ago. The TVGO app on my iphone and iPAD over my home WiFi will not play recorded programmes. I get an error message saying the device is not on the home network. Despite this apparent error I can:

1. initiate and delete recordings

2. Use the remote control function to control the box (including playing recorded programmes though the TV)

So why can't I play recorded programmes on my iPad & iPhone? 

And also, apart from playing recorded programmes, can I do all of the above over 4G? i.e. definitely not on my home network.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TVGO 360 - not on Home Network

Have you checked that the Virgin TV Go app is correctly set up in the iOS settings - enabled in the Privacy/Local Network settings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robg21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I can now play back recordings. I hadn't realised there was such a setting in the app.

Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear @Ernie_C has helped resolve this. Top work 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N- Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Gazbo555
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It seems there's a solution for iPhone and iPads but I'm having this problem on Android devices. Anyone know of a solution? 

My tv360 is connected to my Hub using ethernet but wi-fi connections on the same network tell me I'm not on my home network? 😭

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gazbo555,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've also had some issues using the app.

This does look to be something we're currently investigating. So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos