Menu
Murdock_Bassi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV to Go on Android 10

This is a strange one.... Video play back on the Virgin media TV to GO app (and All4 app) is stuttering but it is fine on Netflix, Prime, BBC iPlayer, youtube and all other streaming services.
It's not just streaming either, when I download a show and play back that in airplane mode it's also stuttering and jumpy.

Any ideas?

Build : 2.3.55 Prod(22401) Virgin Media TV to GO
Device : OPPO CPH1941
Video Player : 2.11.7
OV : 3.15.15
Conviva : 4.0.4
Connection type : WiFi - (N/A)
Customer HH : 105890814
MQTT broker : DISCONNECTED
Device IP address : xxx.xxx.xx.xx
MQTT CPE status : Unknown
Last Mqtt status check : No attempt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV to Go on Android 10

Hi Murdock_Bassi

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am sorry for the delay in response and to hear of the issue you are experiencing with the TV Go app. 

Have you tried to uninstall and then install the app again since this issue started? 

Nat
0 Kudos
Murdock_Bassi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have reinstalled several times

I have noticed several other people have posted the same issue with various Android 10 devices

I suspect as more Android 10 devices roll out I suspect this issue may become more prevalent 

0 Kudos
Murdock_Bassi
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

From a recommendation on another TV to GO question I looked at the power saving, mine was turned off but I enabled high performance mode which makes the device run hot and drains the battery but also smooths out the playback somewhat, to the point where it is actually watchable for the first time

Still a slight stutter but I can live with it for now and hopefully this info will help other users with the same issue

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Murdock_Bassi,

Thanks for updating us on this issue with your TV GO issue, I am glad you have found a work around for this particular issue.

If you could please monitor the problem and come back to us if it gets worse we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos