Menu
Mikeosuk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV on the Go Device Management

Hi,  I am sure this is a common problem, and there are probably answers on this forum, but I've not been able to find one that solves my problem.

I use Chrome browser to watch mainly football on BT Sport on TVGO.  Every time I log onto the TVGO website and click onto the channel I want to watch, I get the message that the device I am using is not registered - even though I use the same device and same browser every time.  On Device Management there are 4 of my 5 devices showing as "My Computer - Google Chrome" (the other is my phone that I used once).

Why is the website not recognizing that I am using the same device and browser when I try to using TVGO?  I guess it must be something to do with my browser settings, but I don't know what to change to stop this from happening.

Can somebody help me with this please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV on the Go Device Management

The most likely cause is if you are regularly deleting browser cookies. TV GO uses a cookie to recognise the browser being used.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mikeosuk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess it may be something to do with that.  I have rechecked my Chrome Browser settings and have made sure that when I clear browsing history, the cookies and other site data is now not ticked.

I guess that when I use my anti-virus software to scan my computer and detect cookies and then deletes them that this will cause the same problem though?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes it would.  Check your av software to see if there is an option to protect specific cookies from being deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Mikeosuk
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant Thanks very much for your help.

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos