cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV control app, iOS, not working since update

Docrus
Joining in

Ever since being updated the other day I can’t get the TV Control app to connect on either my iPhone or iPad. It tells me that it can’t see my V6 box and asked me if I want to try again. When I do it tells me there is a technical error and they’re working to fix it. However I see from the forum that other people are managing to use the new version of the app on iOS without any difficulties. I’m not getting a specific error code. I’ve deleted and reinstall the app on both devices and I’ve reset the V6 box and made sure that Wi-Fi and box settings are all as they should be.

Any bright ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Docrus, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I know this sounds silly, but can you confirm you're at home and near the V6 box when trying to connect?

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Docrus, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I know this sounds silly, but can you confirm you're at home and near the V6 box when trying to connect?

Alex_Rm

Docrus
Joining in

Yes, and would you believe it started working this morning!

Thanks for coming back to us Docrus,

Glad to hear all is working 🙂

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have been having exactly the same problem for some time and it has not been resolved yet. I have confirmed everything on-line, same network, same IP address. The re-scan button does nothing. Re-booting everything does nothing. I think there is a fault with the update.

Hi frank_guest,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry you're also having a similar issue with the TV control app.

Can you please let me know if you're getting any error messages? 

Can you please remove and re-install the app to see if this helps at all?

Thanks

Melissa

I’m having the same issue on my iPad Pro, v14.0.1, TV control app v4.5.1

If I try to watch one of my recorded shows, it tells me out of home streaming is not permitted. If I press the remote icon, it tells me the selected Virgin Tv box was not found on the current network. I’ve checked my V6 box is on the same SSID as my iPad and on the same subnet. I’ve reset the app, deleted and re-installed it to no avail. The necessary permission to allow the app access to my local network is set.

My Android phone on the same network has no problem using the TV Control app at all.

One thing I have noticed on the iPad of late is that apps which need to my local network ask for permission when first loaded. I don’t recall the TV Control app asking. Maybe the method is uses to detect the network differs from other apps or hasn’t been modified to be in line with the latest version of iOS/iPadOS

Hi brantome, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry you're also having some problems with the TV Control app.

Do you have any antivirus or software on your phone?

In the TV Control app go to ... (more) -> settings.
If you have more that one V6 select the one with problems under 'Selected Source'
Then scroll down to System info and select the V6 again.

Thanks

Melissa

No, I don’t have any anti virus software on my iPad which is having the problem - my android phone app works ok.

I only have one box.