Menu
trickeydickey
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV anywhere on a firestick.

Has anyone managed to get Virgin TV Anywhere to work on a Fire TV Stick?  I have managed to reach the web version through Silk browser and everything seems to work fine until I try to log in at which stage I get a message telling me that the link I have clicked will take me to a blank page. I have also managed to install the Virgin TV Go app which when opened is very stretched and does not behave how it is intended. On Virgin Media's website it states that Virgin TV Anywhere can be accessed by all using any device that has a web browser. I find this extremely frustrating as one of the reasons that I bought the Fire Stick was to watch Virgin Media on another TV especially when on holiday.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV anywhere on a firestick.

Hi trickeydickey, thanks for your post.

TV Go (previously TV Anywhere) has never been compatible with Silk I'm afraid.

All supported platforms are detailed here on our website: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-go-what-devices-can-i-use

Under 'Supported Mobile Devices' it specifically says: "NOTE: Virgin TV Go isn't available on Amazon Fire devices."

Apologies for any disappointment this may cause, hopefully we can support other platforms at some point in future.

Tom

0 Kudos
trickeydickey
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On this web page https://my.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/tvanywhere.. under the paragraph headed Using Virgin TV Anywhere online you state that all you need is your desktop or laptop and a web browser. Previously you have stated all you need is any device with a web browser which is why I went out and spent £40 on a device with a web browser, a Firestick. Stating all the exceptions after the event is just not good enough. Bizarrely  when I was transferred to Virgins Gadget Rescue support I was told that they could get my Firestick to work with TV anywhere but they would have to charge me for 6 months subscription and a registration fee of £20. I have also been told on at least two occasions that I would receive a call back from the resolution team and guess what they didn't. Customer Service 0 out of ten.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That page doesn't load because it's for the old TV Anywhere app - which was changed to TV Go in August last year, any information relating to the old app is no longer relevant I'm afraid.

I am sorry you were advised incorrectly by Gadget Rescue, unfortunately that's not something we're able to look into from here so it would be best to raise your concerns with them directly on 0800 014 7398.

With regards to the resolution team not contacting you, have you logged a complaint with VM at this stage? If so, confirm the case ref.# and I can check the status of this for you & possibly push things along.

Tom

0 Kudos
trickeydickey
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As I now know that VM TV Anywhere doesn't work on a firestick I shall be throwing it in the bin. Yes I have raised a complaint some 2 weeks ago and guess what no response only a confirmation email. Also on confirmation email from VM no ref number. I am now pondering whether to take my business elsewhere to someone who cares about their customers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us trickeydickey, If you haven't been given any complaints reference for this, I would need to take a few details from you via a private message, that I will send over in a few moments and I can provide you with a full update on what is happening with your complaint.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
trickeydickey
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Steven_L yet another promise you made and didn't keep. What happened to the private message that you were going to send yesterday. Ironically the subject of my previous complaint was that VM constantly promise they will call you back but never do. My case rests. Customer Service 0.

0 Kudos