cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Go won’t Goimilar notice.

cheltenhamchap
Tuning in

Where do I even begin with the TVGo app? So many errors. I have been using it for a while now, on my iPad Pro.(latest software version)  I have no internet speed issues. But there are 3 issues with the app.

No 1 is that content available via the tv downstairs - through virgin cable - is often not available on TVGo. There will be a notice saying something like “unfortunately due to rights restrictions, this programme is not available on your device” WHAT rights restrictions?

I am watching in the UK, on a service I am paying for. I contacted one of the channels that this happens on (Talking Pictures) and they said it is definitely Virgin problem. They have no ‘rights issues’ with a service which is being supplied via Virgin cable to the UK.  

Last night there were three channels displaying a similar notice.

Next, why does the whole ‘live TV ‘ service on the app randomly shut down? You’ll be watching , then suddenly there is a black screen with ‘Sorry, not available. We can’t play this at the moment.’ That will apply to ALL the ‘Live TV’ channels. This can last for hours, the following day they will be back up again. It has nothing to do with my wi fi signal, everything else works, including BBC iPlayer, ITV hub, etc.

I have looked on the app diagnostics page when this happens and it says “MQTT broker: DISCONNECTED” if that means anything to nobody.

And the third is, I wondered if trying to delete the app and download a fresh version and start again might help. Oh no, that would be too simple. You *cannot* delete the app, not even from the icloud. In fact drill down into the Apple small print and it admits “some apps can never be deleted”.

Even the thumbnails which are supposed to show you what programmes are showing are slowly being corrupted. Several of them now show a frozen still from programmes which were on months ago. All in all this could be a deal breaker for me. I am paying top tier for Virgin media: phones, TV, broadband, landline. Just up the road FTTP companies are digging up the roads, they are getting ever closer and when I get that email saying I can enrol,  I may well jump ship. Any help, advice appreciated. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cheltenhamchap thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am really sorry to hear you're having ongoing issues with TV Go.  We have been aware of the issues regarding "rights restrictions" and as far as we're aware this has been fixed.  Is this not the case?  Can you please confirm if you're able to test the app on non IOS/Apple devices at all?  If so, does the same issues exist on them?

Regards

Lee_R

Afraid we don’t have anything in the house that’s non-apple!

Thanks for your reply, cheltenhamchap,

Can you confirm if this also occurs just using the browser? TVGO can be found here: https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

Cheers,

Corey C

I opened it up using safari and chrome, still a problem still exists (not that I want to watch super nanny USA!)

190EFA6B-E5FA-4F5E-880D-486AD42A77C9.jpeg

Hi cheltenhamchap, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies that you are still having this issue. 

Checking with our teams on this, they have advised that some programmes will give this error as the broadcasters will only allow the channel or show to be broadcast on the TV set top box and not through TV Go. They've confirmed that there is no fault regarding this. 

In terms of the app disconnecting, is this continuing or has this issue resolved itself? 

Let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No. The app still disconnects all live TV randomly. I’d say once every few evenings. CDEC5FBF-DDF7-4464-BC6C-AF17CDF9C84E.png

Have you at all noticed if this happening in any one particular room or any in the property?

^Martin