forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
oswaldp
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Go with TV360

I have been using the TV Go app with the new TV360 platform for a few days now and it is in need of additional functionality when used connected to home network. It needs to be able to stream anything (live or recorded) from the 360 boxes, not the limited channels/content available currently. Until it can do this it will never be a competitor to Sky’s Q system.

I understand that this is a limitation imposed by contracts/licensing, but Virgin really need to resolve. This functionality needs to be a requirement of carriage before deals are signed otherwise Virgin customers will always get a 2nd rate service and TV360 will never live up to its clear potential.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go with TV360

The 360 system is new and still in development stages, the To Go app is yet to get 360 specific features but are in plans for the future, hopefully not to distant.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m not sure I agree with you with the lack of TV 360 features on the Virgin TV Go app.

It exactly matches the look and feel of the TV 360. In fact, 4.29 on TV 360 has replicated functions that were already on the app.

What do you believe is missing from the app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't talk for 4.29 as I decommissioned 360 box yesterday but I found I couldn't stream content from the 360 box like I could with V6 in the past,

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No problem streaming via Virgin TV Go app with 4.27, 4.28 or 4.29.

Any other function of the app which you believe is not available for TV 360?
Don’t want people to get the wrong impression of the functionality of the app with TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
oswaldp
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I take back (most of) my original post. Must’ve had a fault the past couple of days as most content on the app was only available to “Watch on TV”, but all seems to be working now! Apologies for that misinformation.

Virgin still need to sort BBC & Sky Sports though - don’t like going to separate apps. I understand the catchup stuff with BBC as that’s the way the BBC restrict their content on all platforms, but live streaming is allowed in home on Sky Q so Virgin should have the same option!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't set recordings, but could see the saved items.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can set recordings and always have been able.

You seem to have entirely the wrong impression of the functionality of the Virgin TV Go app with TV 360. In my old job, I’d suspect user error.

I repeat the Virgin TV Go app is very well integrated with the TV 360, seamlessly so.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I must of had something setup wrong then 😞 oops.

0 Kudos