Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

TV Go - unable to sign in - user name verification

I have a very old email address i.e. ending in ntlworld.com. This is my main user account email. I can sign into my online account with it but I'm unable to sign into TV Go. I get the following error message 'Please sign in with your main user account. Sub-accounts cannot sign in'.

I believe this is a known problem (see https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Failing-to-Login-to-Virgin-TV-Go-sub-account/td-p/...), please raise a ticket for my issue as I am very disappointed that I am being charged for services that I can not use. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - unable to sign in - user name verification

Welcome to the community.

It is clear that there is an ongoing issue with accessing TV Go at the moment.  What isn't clear, despite the number of posts, is whether this is account specific or not.

I note that you stress you are using 'a very old email address'.

To aid the VM staff investigating this issue can you please state if you can see the email address concerned when signed into your My Virgin Media account with your primary username and password.  It should appear either under the my Virgin media mail section of the My Profile tab, or, if a secondary account under the My Accounts tab.

Thanks

@Lindsey_C  hope this helps

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks