Menu
Highlighted
matananin
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV Go on a Fire Stick

Will we be able to download the TV go app on an Amazon Firestick?

If not, why not? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go on a Fire Stick

No, because like casting it allows you to watch it on a TV without renting an additional box

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
matananin
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have a box in my living room, I just want to be able to watch it while in the conservatory during summer. 

Think I'll scrap Virgin TV and just move the Fire Stick when I want to !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

... and, if the Firestick provides access to all the channels you need and the recording facilities you need, that would be a sensible approach to pursue.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
xspankyx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have an Amazon Fire Stick and have installed virgin tv go on to it, was easy.

I installed virgin tv go on to my android phone and with a free app available on the play store called "Apps2Fire", I easily transferred it straight over. The base virgin tv go app appears a little odd on the fire stick, lets say squashed, but streams live tv and all catch up perfectly. To navigate the app you will also need to download the mouse toggle app but that is also very easy to use.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I soppose we could use silk or chrome explorer to goto the virgin tv go website on firestick ,it works on my fire tablet..ill try it on my firestick tonight..

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried the internet browsers on the firestick..can get the tv go website but not allowing to log in..bummer:(

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Where did you get the mouse toggle app

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
xspankyx
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Best advice to get the mouse toggle for fire stick is to Google it. Isn't necessarily difficult to do but there is a process and it would be easier to Google it than me to try and explain it. Sorted all works well though.

Highlighted
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ok..

ive got tv go on my firestick and yes its all squashed up,cant remember when i put it on there..so if a channel is played,is it regular size and shape or distorted..

Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
0 Kudos