Menu
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Go not working on old Android version

Got an old tablet running Android 5.1 (no further updates supported so that is the max).

Prior to "lockdown" I could get live tv no problem (such as BT sport) but now I'm getting message saying "your internet connection isn't very good so you may not be able to watch" and then it stops even trying. Same for majority of channels but it WILL play BBC iplayer for instance.

Same message and problem on totally different wifi connections so it isn't that.

Anyone?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go not working on old Android version

Hi there @dodge61

Cheers for popping along last week; sorry that you've been having some issues watching TVGo at the moment

For TVGo to work, you only need 4.3 or later on the Android devices so that should be ok; what Android device is it? 

Are you having the issue on other devices? Is the issue only happening why trying to watch live TV on the TVGo? 

When you say you have the same message on different WiFi connections, do you mean another WiFi away from the home? How goes things over a data connection instead - do you get the same error message? (can be used on both 3G and 4G data connection)

Keep us posted - cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Katie,

firstly, it's a wi-fi only device, no 3g/4g data connection as no sim - it's an old Tesco Hudl2 tablet.

I'm getting the message "your internet connection is poor right now so virgin tv go may not provide a good picture" or similar wording. It happens when hooked up to my home wi-fi, and totally un-related work wi-fi. But no tv picture loads at all.

It only happens when I try to watch TV via Virgin TV go on all channels. The device still successfully plays other platforms like BBCiplayer, Amazon prime video and Netflix.

I purchased a brand new tablet this week, running Android 9, and Virgin TV go worked 100% straight away.

For info, it was working fine back in May when I returned to work, then wasn't used during June when back on furlough, but started the problem once back at work in July.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back with that information @dodge61

One last one you missed; is it only for live TV via the TVGo? What happens if you try and watch CatchUp or OnDemand via the app? (not external apps like iplayer bit within the app)

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dodge61
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Without going in and checking, I would say yes, however I tried channels with recorded material such as HGTV and got same response, I believe.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi dodge61,

Have you tried clearing the cache on the TVGo app? Or uninstall and reinstalling the app?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Roythefox
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have the same problem with my Hudl (same level android 5.1). Have you got a fix or given up?

Roy

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roy, 

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing the same problem with your Hudl.

Can you please also confirm the questions that my colleague Katie has asked in her previous post so we can look into this further for you?

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Roythefox
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The Hudl is on 5.1 level. I have cleared everything, uninstalled, reinstalled app etc. Just tried watching non live programme - same result.

The Hudl works for Sky Sports (via Virgin), iPlayer etc.

Hope that helps

Roy

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roy,

Thanks for confirming and trying those things for us.

We'll need to raise an IT ticket for this issue for further investigation, I'll pop you over a PM so I can take some more details.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos