Menu
gazzie
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Go blocked - it says I have used all devices. I only have one.

Hi,

Before I start - I have ONE device. A desktop computer. That's it.

I am getting totally fed up with this useless TVGo app and now the website. A couple of weeks ago it said I had used all my devices (5) and blocked me until beginning of October when I could replace them. I ony have one device. So I signed in today and clicked replace. It brought up 5 devices (all the SAME ONE) and when I clicked replace nothing happened and so I clicked again. Then the message that all were used and I now have to wait until 1 November to replace them

Let me be absolutely clear. I have ONE device. A desktop computer. I only ever use this, I literally don't have any other device, no mobile phone, no laptop, no tablet or other computer.

This is useless and unbelievably annoying. If you can't sort this I'm thinking of going elsewhere where I can actually use the TV on my pc.

0 Kudos
gazzie
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go blocked - it says I have used all devices. I only have one.

Replying to my own post with an update. I have been hanging on the phone to Virgin Help desk for over an hour with just the horrendous music playing and nobody has spoken to me yet - so decided to put the phone down now.  Also over an hour on "live chat" online with no response at all. This is absolutely useless customer service all round.

0 Kudos
ian_rae
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Think you're affected by this bug (see pinned post) https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-device-limit-reached/td-p/4425655

Hopefully it will be resolved soon and we'll be credited for the loss of service.

Ian

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM do NOT consider TV Go not working as loss of service. So expect no credit. Also regarding the pinned post, it is unbelievable that in the midst of having issues with device registrations, the only reliable means of using TV Go i.e The Windows 10 app is closed.  This forces an unnecessary device registration at the START of the month.  And only gives leeway for two more changes this month which given my previous experience means I have about a week.