Menu
Steviepnufc
Joining in
Message 21 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go and Sky Sports Problems

This is what I posted back in July after VM solved my issue. See if this helps:

THEY FIXED IT! 

It turns out that there are issues with Sky services recognising the new device and also some oddity between identifying WiFi and mobile data signals. I had to remove my old phone as a registered device from the TV settings page and go back to tvgo, choose any standard channel to register the phone and THEN try the subscription channels. This worked. He did, however, initially instruct me to access tvgo via the Internet and NOT the app for this set up, using https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com (and if the phone asks how to open it, tvgo app or Internet, choose Internet). I hope this helps someone else.

Well done VM and thanks Louise xxxxx

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 22 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smudgermini, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

Rather than going via the TV Go page, open up Sky Sports directly and see if that makes any difference. 

You should be able to access which devices are registered for Sky by going to the TV Go homepage > Settings > Device Management > Under your registered devices for TV Go you should see: Manage my Sky Devices

Once you've checked these, as mentioned above go to the Sky Sports page directly and try again. 

Any improvement?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 23 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Astraken47, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

You will need to use a PC or Laptop as opposed to the app 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Astraken47
Joining in
Message 24 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I logged on via PC , found the 'manage my Sky devices ' link and all is ok now - there was an old laptop showing as a Sky device which didn't appear on the app.

Thanks for your help

Ken

0 Kudos
Smudgermini
Joining in
Message 25 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Strangely the Sky devices don’t appear when I do as instructed via a my iPad but it does appear when my husband checks when accessing via the tv go website on his MacBook.

During our long convoluted chat with a Virgin Online agent, all devices were cancelled and re installed but we are still no further forward

i have never entered Sky Sports via TV Go as I was unaware that I could do so. Having tried both methods of access I am still no further forward, I’m afraid. 

I apologise for posting several times on this topic but this was unaware that replying to other people’s posts would cause difficulty; I merely wished to add weight towards the fact that others were experiencing the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 26 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Ken 🙂 

I'm glad all is sorted for you now. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let me know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
McGurk
Joining in
Message 27 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I had an email about 18 months to 2 years ago before that Sky sports could be watched on my laptop no problem updated to the latest version zip nothing called Virgin techy guy still waiting on a reply , Ive not seen Sky sports on Virgin Go for over a year .

Tonight after a nice christmas I decided after a long day to continue watching The Fugitive in bed on the laptop low and behold that channel isnt there ????just full of surprises Virgin aint they. it just gets worse and worse constantly having connection problems resetting every week pain in the bum ,oh and the call backs they are as rare as hens teeth.,got to be something better out there this is dire. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 28 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Hi McGurk,

Really sorry to hear this. 

How are things looking at the moment? 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
McGurk
Joining in
Message 29 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Nope still in limbo nearly 2 years now well it seems like that, I`d put it to the back of mind Ive not tried to watch for months, has there been an upgrade I was informed all those months ago that there would be as, "They know about it".

Over 10 years a Virgin customer Ben ,why I ask myself .

If you can get any info that would be great  or a link to resolve this ongoing pain it would be most welcome 

Regards

McGurk 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 30 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I see, are you able to send me some screenshots of what you are faced with when you try to access this?

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos