Menu
noreenwaite
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TV Go and Sky Sports Problems

Hi, Can anyone help me please - I can't crack how to watch sky sports on a new ipad device.

I downloaded the TV Go app and Sky Sports app onto a mini ipad 4 yesterday with iOS 11 software on it.

When using the TV Go app - things seem to work fine i.e. I can view channels appearing there happily (and when I look on the virgin device registration page my new ipad device is now appearing).

However, when I log into the Sky Sports app (using my virgin details) and click on Live TV to try and watch sky sports - when I click on any of the channels I get the same message saying "Unexpected Error. Oops, something went wrong. Please try again later". I have tried repeatedly over the day and tried reinstalling the app.

When I check the Sky Sports device registration page it has not registered my new device as it says "You have 2 device changes available this month" so the automatic registering of new device is not working.

When I first attempted this yesterday, I didn't have any available device slots so I deleted both the old ones on there I no longer use. This seems to have worked instantly in getting me going with the TV Go app on the new device but doesn't seem to be helping get me started with getting into the Syy Sports channels using the other app. 

Any ideas what I am doing wrong. Spoke to a chap on 150 for almost 40mins today but I finally lost the will to live as he really did not seem to understand the difference between the 2 apps and fact I had one working but not the other.

Noreen Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
ntmh01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Go and Sky Sports Problems

Hi

Yeah...it don't work!

To be fair, iOS is a very new software and iPad's are a revolutionary new piece of technical hardware. It's no surprise the VM "technical team" have been trying to fix this issue for nearly a week now....bless them!

My favourite response from one of VM's telephone responders was to tell me to install Sky Go!....I gave up trying to tell him that installing Sky Go was obviously not going to work. In the end I just hung up!

Virgin TV Go works fine. The Sky Cinema app works fine. Sky Sports = "Unexpected Error - Try Later".  I have no idea why one Sky app works and the other doesn't, and by the looks of it, neither do VM!

0 Kudos
noreenwaite
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ntmh01 . Hadn't appreciated it was a known tech issue and assumed it was me doing something wrong!

Will try to stay optimistic that tech team can find a speedy resolution!

0 Kudos
Derek-P
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem. I have been trying to sort this all week and have spoken to the “Virgin Technical Team” several times. They don’t appear to understand what the problem is or how to resolve it. In desperation to get me off the line they decided to send an Engineer to my home to deal with it. Needless to say that although helpful he could not resolve the problem.

I think we need Virgin to tell Sky to sort their app out.

0 Kudos
noreenwaite
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I agree Derek - there's no hope for me getting it sorted myself if an engineer has failed Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi noreenwaite,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sky Sports.

Sky have picked this fault up and remedied it with a new version of the app. Updating the app should clear the error now. If you're still having trouble let us know and we'll check it out.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
gagarin1956
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I still keep getting unknown error whenever i log in Sky Sports. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on 23/01/2018, so i should have the latest version. I went on to the VM site and was told this error was being fixed and got a txt to say it had been done. I am using the app on the VM telly tablet, i dont know if this is the problem. Soooo frustrating
0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My issues may be unrelated, but just a "me too" so far as Sky Sports streaming app is concerned. I've proven that the 2 devices are registered correctly by having them streaming Sky Cinema via the app side-by-side. But Sky Sports app simply refuses to stream live channels and gives any error under the sun. Uninstalling and reinstalling only had the effect of sports app saying "this device is not registered", yet cinema still works.

0 Kudos
noreenwaite
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have finally got sky sports working - hurrah! I eventually lost patience and spoke to the team you give notice of cancelling contract to.

Helpful chap requested I give him one last chance to see if he could put things right and immediately connected me up to a really competent techie who understood what my problem was. Sure enough I had a text shortly after saying to open the app and try watching again and as if by magic - everything worked just fine - I didn't have to do any uninstalling etc - it just behaved/performed as we all expect (and pay for) these things to!

I haven't yet found the stamina to try sky cinema but may eventually give that a whirl.  Hope you guys get sorted soon Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jondoc25
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It’s not recognising my password??
Any ideas
0 Kudos