Menu
ian_rae
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Website not Recognising Device

Hi

I have been using the Virgin TV Go app on Windows 10 for some time. Today when I started the app I got a message to say that the app has closed to to go to the website. I had seen that warning a couple of days ago and tried the web site.

On both days, I got locked out of Virgin TV Go. Here's what happens:

• Open web site (using link from app)
  • Web site says device is not recognised (strange it's the same device...)
  • Tried to select one of my registered devices, confirmation page appears, click save
  • Back to the device not recognised message
  • Try again, select to replace a registered device, confirmation page appears, click save
  • Back to the device not recognised message

Now I am locked out for 31 days!!!

Can you please re-set my device list, I have three devices called "My Computer - Mozilla Firefox" please delete these.

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
ian_rae
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Website not Recognising Device

Thanks to Kev_B for posting an update https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-device-limit-reached/td-p/4425655 (tagged post)

I have a couple of follow ups. The context is I use this service more at the weekend/evenings since I work 9-5. Not having TV go on any weekend does impact on the value I perceive from the service. Effectively this bug means that I can not watch a different TV channel from my wife and son.

1. Is it possible to revert the patch/update to the Window 10 TV Go app that was pushed out on the 30-Sep? That would at least allow us to view Virgin provided channels on our PCs whilst the web site bug is investigated and fixed.
  2. Can you give a time frame for your next message Kev? Appreciate that you are not in control of the fix timeline but it would seem reasonable to post an update every few days even if that update is "still broken and we're investigating". Any chance of an update on Monday please?
  3. Suspect you're investigating things but is it possible to remove the device limit temporarily whilst this bug is investigated?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
ian_rae
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Great to hear that the website bug has been fixed. I still can not access the service since my slots are used up - can someone reset my slots please?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Ian,

I've reset your TV GO device list for you, please re-add your devices 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa