Menu
thenameistom123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV Go - This isn't available Error

Hi - we're having the error / issue below when trying to use any chanel on TV Go via laptops. 

Sorry - this isn't available.

Sorry - we can't play this at the moment.

Whilst it works as it should on mobile, we can't seem to get it to work on any macbook laptops (I don't think the app is available to macbook users, only on phones and tablets, so a browser is needed). This has worked well for most of 2020, but we've had this issue for a good few weeks now with no fix and not sure what has changed for this error to have occured?

Our devices are definitely registered correctly. We're using both Firefox (78+) and Chrome (87+), with versions that are supposed to be supportive of Virgin TV GO.

Any help would be much appreciated asap.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - This isn't available Error

Hi there @thenameistom123

Welcome back to our Community, so sorry that you're having some issues viewing TVGo at the moment. 

Does this only happen when using a browser and does it only happen on LiveTV? Do you have the same issue when trying to view OnDemand or CatchUp via TVGO?

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
thenameistom123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Katie,

Thanks for your message. So the error only occurs on our laptops when using browsers (either Chrome or Firefox). I don't think the virgin app is available for macbook laptops. We've checked and we have the latest versions of these browsers which should be comptabible with TVGo. It happens both during Live TV and also when trying to watch anything OnDemand / CatchUp.

However viewing via the TVGo app on mobile works perfectly for Live TV and OnDemand / Catch Up TV, which makes me think it isn't an issue with our account or internet connection. I've checked and the macbook laptop in question is definitely listed as a registered device on the account.

I've had the same laptop and used Chrome / Firefox to watch Virgin TVGo for years and it's worked perfectly, just these last few weeks / months where there's been an issue. Has this been an issue reported elsewhere? Are there any fixes I should give a go? Might be something to do with the browser settings if it's an issue only on laptops maybe?

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thenameistom123,

Thanks for coming back to us about this, I am sorry if this issue is causing some frustration. 

I have sent the information you have given us off to the IT team who can have a look into this for you. 

Me and my team will be happy to update you on the progress but it can take a number of days or weeks for them to investigate and resolve these issues.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
thenameistom123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Megan,

Thanks for your message. Yes please if you could let me know their progress that would be great.

Just to re-iterate my WiFi is working as it should be and my device is correctly registered on my account - TVGo works on my phone but not on my apple laptop in browser. I've got the latest versions of Chrome and Safrari download to be comptable with TVGo, cleared cache and history, but that doesn't seem to fix the issue. It was working through most of 2020 but all of a sudden i've had the issue in November/December and it's persisted.

In the meantime we can watch via mobile, but we're very keen to get this fixed and onto laptops as soon as possible especially since we're paying for that service but not able to use it, so if there's anything you can do hurry a fix through that would be much appreciated. I'll check back in 1/2 weeks unless we hear back before. 

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying, thenameistom123,

Just to clarify, what type of MacBook is it? And what is the OS version on the MacBook?

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
thenameistom123
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your message Corey. It's a MacBook Pro and the OS version is OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi thenameistom123

The next time you log in try clearing all your cache and cookies first 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
thenameistom123
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gareth - thanks for your note, I've cleared my cache and cookies on Firefox and Chrome but neither seems to fix the issue I'm afraid. Thanks, Tom

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. 

I am sorry this has not helped to resolve the issue. 

I can see the incident has been logged by my colleague for the team to investigate. 

We will update you as soon as we have further information. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos