Menu
nikrud
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Go (Sky sign in)

I have full Virgin TV package + Sky Sports + Sky Cinema ,I can access the Sky channels via my,

TV / Tablet / Mobile phone, but have a problem with Desktop pc (using same sign-in) ,getting the message at Sky sign-in.......

Your connection isn't secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration that might expose your personal information when it's sent to this site (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

Can anybody help please ???
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go (Sky sign in)

Hello

What operating system are you using ?

Make sure that the Operating System is updated.

What browser are your using ?

Make sure the browser is update.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@nikrud wrote:

I have full Virgin TV package + Sky Sports + Sky Cinema ,I can access the Sky channels via my,

TV / Tablet / Mobile phone, but have a problem with Desktop pc (using same sign-in) ,getting the message at Sky sign-in.......

Your connection isn't secure

This site uses an outdated security configuration that might expose your personal information when it's sent to this site (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

Can anybody help please ???

Sky need to update one of their servers, see here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/sky-sports/m-p/4344625#M68299

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
nikrud
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response Mike

I am using Windows 8 (upgraded to 10) , browsing with New Microsoft Edge.(replacing windows explorer) auto updates.

Recent big windows update ,a concern,, because invariably, something else removed/deleted / displaced.

I have been running .Sky Sports on p.c. for several years, (recent 4 moth break - no live sports televised). I have tried uninstalling Sky Sports app. rebooting p.c. and re-installing app. .Would be grateful for any help

Thanks in anticipation John D

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@nikrud wrote:

Thanks for response Mike

I am using Windows 8 (upgraded to 10) , browsing with New Microsoft Edge.(replacing windows explorer) auto updates.

Recent big windows update ,a concern,, because invariably, something else removed/deleted / displaced.

I have been running .Sky Sports on p.c. for several years, (recent 4 moth break - no live sports televised). I have tried uninstalling Sky Sports app. rebooting p.c. and re-installing app. .Would be grateful for any help

Thanks in anticipation John D

It isn't an issue with your equipment or settings.  There is nothing you can do to remove the message.  Whilst waiting for Sky to update their servers you can proceed past the caution and continue to use the Sky Sports app on your PC.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
nikrud
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response Mike.  

On my TV / tablet and mobile phone, Sky Sports loads automatically when I load Virgin media .

On  my p.c. Sky Sports doesn't load automatically I have go via Sky Sports app and enter Virgin media password. I have checked my password as ok.

Any help I would be  grateful.......John D

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok John D, as you clearly have no confidence in the advice that I have reposted, having been previously posted by a VM staff member, I will leave it to other community members to respond further.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @nikrud

Thanks for your post - we can confirm what our VIP @Graham_A has advised is correct. 

You can see that one of our staff members posted this in a reply shown on the link that Graham_A shared with you in his first response - I shall post it again here for you:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/sky-sports/m-p/4344625#M68299

Hope that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos