Menu
Sparx92
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Go + Remote Control - Sign In Failed?

Hello,

I'm a new VM customer since last Wednesday. I'm able to sign in my VM account via the website and My Virgin Media app no problem. However I'm unable to login the TV Go or Remote Control app.

The TV Go app when I try sign in says "Sign in failed" - I know my password is correct, as the same one works in the My VM app. Also if I intentionally put the wrong password in, the message changes to "Your username or password are incorrect" - so it knows my p/w is correct, but will not let me sign in...

The Remote Control app when I sign in goes to a "No Compatible Virgin TV Boxes Found" however we have 2x working TV boxes (I'm on the Ultimate Oomph! package). I'm on the VM Hub's WiFi too, nothing strange all stock router supplied. I've tried removing and re-installing the app too (iPhone 12 Pro) this doesn't help. I've tried both apps on my wife's iPhone 12 too and I get the same error messages.

I've called up twice, both times been told it's been raised with your IT and no one is getting back to me. I've searched these forums and found people with the same issue but no resolutions.

It's part of the service I'm paying for (especially the TV Go) and I can't login or use it! I thought it would be a simple case of "oh, new customer and database is borked. We just need to activate this button here" but no one seems to have a clue...

Can someone please help? Internet works great, the TV works great on the boxes. But I just can't get either of these 2 apps to run.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go + Remote Control - Sign In Failed?

Firstly, the Virgin TV Control app is not needed by TV 360 users. All of the function is available in the Virgin TV Go app.

I’ve not seen this error before but the first port of call for iPad users, if you are on iPadOS 14, is to check that the Virgin TV Go app is enable in the iPad Local Network Privacy setting:

56F5F6D4-1CAF-447C-9B71-E1443B3F73C2.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sparx92
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good to know, thanks I'll remove the RC app.

I've checked and Local Network is already enabled for the app (iPhone). I've also just tried updating iOS from 14.4.2 to 14.5 and still get the same error. The TV Go app is already up to date as well.

So still stuck? 😞

0 Kudos
Sparx92
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Here are some screenshots. First one is the error when I try login. Second is when I intentionally put the wrong p/w in so I know it’s recognising me, just not allowing me to login…

0E82ACE1-03D2-486D-93D3-CA211F286553.png

B0A01DFF-0A61-4456-9066-8F5135AE9A1F.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’m sorry but you’ll just have to wait until Virgin Media reach this thread for further help as this is looking like an account issue, rather than an app issue.

For reference, I’m running iPad OS 14.6 Beta 1 and have had no issue with previous releases.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sparx92
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes this is what I suspected, something account related with me being a new customer and a database flag somewhere maybe.

Thanks anyway, I'll wait for VM to hopefully help respond and fix this for me...
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Sparx92

Really sorry to hear of the TV Go log in issues, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From what you have advised everything seems to beset up correctly with your account, if you can use the same details to access your online account and the MyVM app those same details should let you access TV Go.

I have raised this with our IT team to look into further as it may be an access issue from when the account was originally set up. As soon as I get an update on this I'll let you know here.

Rob

Sparx92
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Robert. Hopefully it can be resolved this way soon.

I presume you've already identified my account from my IP or something then?

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been able to locate your account using your Forum details Sparx92, as soon as I hear back in relation to this I will let you know here.

These can take up to 5 working days just so you're aware of the potential timescales.

Rob

0 Kudos