Menu
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

TV Go - IOS - no longer works !!

So, somebody in their infinite wisdom descided to update the TV go app for ios. Just because it wasn't broken, they decided it needed fixing. So now the app sits in a loop.

Open app > Oops you're using an old version that no longer works, you need to update > takes to app store > There is no update available > tries to login using the web version until the morons in the app update department sort it out > https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html > you can't watch this because it uses silverlight, which your ipad doesn't have, use chrome > uses chrome > Cannot stream now as your browser doesn't support it...

Dear VIRGIN MEDIA, You are absolutely useless beyond belief !!!

1. Please fix the ios app

2. Please fix your browser-based viewing

3. Stop ruining people's services which they pay for

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - IOS - no longer works !!

Hi londonboy73

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the delayed reply and the TV go issues. 

Is everything resolved since posting? 

If not, what error messages are you getting? What iPhone are you using please and what's the software version on both this and the app you have?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

No, nothing's been resolved. The situation is still the same. I am using ios 10.3.3, and the app version is not possible to determine as the app developers didn't bother to put any 'about' information in the ios logs, and because of the 'doesn't work' loop, I'm not able to check wthin the app itself. However, the 2.3.54 is what is showing in the app store, and it's from this update.... I believe..... the decision was taken to block historical installs - the issue is, the developers have actively decided to disband any previous ios versions to 11, therefore everyone who was using the TV Go app is no longer able to use the app, or get out of the 'no longer working' messaging loop that takes you to the app store, where there is no available download. This is compounded by the fact that Safari doesn't work as a browser-based method, with the message that 'Silverlight is not supported', and the message also says to use 'chrome' browser. However, when chrome is used, the error message is that 'streaming is not supported on this browser' ... so a simple choice of preventing all your users to continue using the existing versions of the TV Go app, has effectively terminated all of these users from accessing the services they pay for. What needs to happen, which is what all the other software providers of streaming content have chosen to do, is maintain the legacy platform versions 'frozen in time' so to speak, so that users with older devices are not excluded and continue access the services they continue to pay for. To conclude, all I'm asking is that the legacy versions are able to continue being used, and the 'broken loop' is switched off, plus the chrome browsing and/or safari browsing options are corrected.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

I was not aware of the TV Go, old software issue or if indeed there is a block on it.

I've contacted a colleague and will be in touch when I know more

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Ok, any response ?

0 Kudos
Ashton123
Tuning in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Mine doesn’t work either and I’m on the new IOS

0 Kudos
londonboy73
Tuning in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Well, at least that's equality .... they've screwed us all 🙂

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Had a problem with this initially with the "not available" message. Shut the app down & went in 10 minutes later & its working fine now.

Tried on 2 iPads, both running IOS 14.0.1. Both showed the above initially.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
dfwarren65
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Is this issue fixed yet?  Since Saturday my wife gets an error message on her ipad stating "Sorry - this isn't available.  Oops - the service is not available at the moment.  Try again in a few minutes".  But the access doesn't improve.  Also, we wondered if the issue might be linked to having too many devices linked to the App but we can't even delete those as they are always 'greyed out'.  In the past if we have issues we delete the app and reinstall but each time it recreates a new device.  Now, we can't even try that as we can't delete any devices to reinstall again.  Really bad from Virgin and it's really frustrating as it's impossible to know who to speak to to resolve these issues - and Customer Services are no help. 

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the posts, if you're still experiencing issues could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the app?

We were aware of an error with TV Go that has since been rectified. 

Also please confirm if this both on the app and the web-browser site for this?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos