Menu
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Go - Groundhog Day

Been quite happily watching cycling and other channels on the Window 10 TV Go app for nearly a year now. I migrated to the app after the Device Management fiasco around that time where the TV Go software was not recognising the same device and eventually locking you out with too many devices registered.

Opened up my Win 10 app today to be greeted by a message that the app was no longer active and directing me to TvGo via my Chrome browser.

Tried to sign in but it appeared that my Desktop PC via Chrome was not being recognised. Tried to cancel devices but only succeeded in totaling up 4 listings of my Desktop Chrome version (plus my Samsung tablet which appears to be working fine after I updated the app via Playstore)

I am now locked out apparently until 1st Novemeber as I have reached the maximum of 5 devices. 

The problem is that 4 of these devices are my Desktop PC via Chrome browser.

I thought this device registration problem had been fixed but clearly not.

Come on Virgin - please reset my devices so that I can benefit from the TvGo on my PC. Alternatively tell me what to do at my end to rectify the problem

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go - Groundhog Day

same here.....come on VM.... say something.....looks like we all have same problem,  whats your IT team

saying.....if you can say they are working the problem, it will stop us all posting the same fault. Be proactive

and advise your paying customers an end date to this issue.

thankyou

0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is a reach out to any VM Moderators out there.

I note that there have been many posts flagging up this device registration issue since the ne TvGo app was released.

I have also seen several threads where a moderator has contacted the OP and then arranged to have their devices reset.

Can someone please perform a device reset on my account.

Also can anyone advise how to proceed when using the new app from a Desktop PC with Chrome as the browser. From what I've read it seems that the new app records any access with Chrome as a new device even though it is from the same PC and no other changes have been made.

This surely is a glaring fault that needs addressing.

Help please!!!!😫

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM have finally acknowledged a fault in this post pinned to the top of this forum section.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-device-limit-reached/td-p/4425655/jump-to/fi...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
greenrivet
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

many thanks for ack the problem, so fingers crossed for a positive outcome

have a good weekend

0 Kudos