Menu
simdgb
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Device limit reached on Chromebook

Hi,

I am using the TV Go app on a Chromebook and having a similar issue to those mentioned on another post. Every time that I launch the app it registers it as a new device. This is the same device every time, it is not launched from a browser. This is the app similar to that which runs on an android. phone.

However when using my android phone it is only registered once.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Device limit reached on Chromebook

Hi @simdgb,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you so much for your first post! We really appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with our TV Go App. Have you always had this issue, or has it started recently?

I was able to locate your account and I can see that there is an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) outage raised on your account. This can be impacting your TV and broadband services. The current estimated fix time is 17/05/21 at 11:10am.

Please keep an eye on your connection and let us know if this TV Go App issue is still impacting your use on the device. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
simdgb
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina,

It is not the signal quality that is the real issue here. It is the fact that every time I launch the Virgin TV Go app on my Chromebook it forces me to register it as a new device, rather than as an already registered device. My 5 devices are now used up by just two devices, my android phone, and this Chromebook 4 times. I am NOT using a browser on the Chromebook, I have installed the Virgin Media TV Go app, exactly as I did on my android phone. 

Why is it that every time I launch the app on my Chromebook that it identifies it as a new device, and therefore requires me to re-register the same device?

This doesn't happen on my android phone.

I believe that this is a recent occurrence, I don't remember having to do this until recently.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simdgb,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I completely understand the issue, thank you for explaining that to me a little more. 

Would you be able to tell me if you regularly clear cache/ cookies on your Chromebook? Deleting the TVGo App cache/ cookies may be the reason for your device needing to be registered on your account each time you use it.

Please let us know so we can look into this further if needed. 

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
simdgb
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulina, 

The only clearing of cache /cookies would be as part of an update. In general we rarely even restart. Though since it is shared I do signout every so often.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for clarifying that @simdgb

Usually this would only register as a new device if cookies are cleared which is why we always recommend keeping the TV GO ones to ensure a new device isn't registered each time. 

Do let me know if you need these reset. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
simdgb
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ayisha,

Yes please!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Of course!

Will pop you a PM now so we can clear security and get these reset 😄

Look out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @simdgb,

Thanks for confirming those details via PM. 

I can confirm I have reset your TV GO devices now 🙂

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

0 Kudos