Menu
ianw22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Device Registration

Hi

It shows I've reached the maximum devices (five) I can have but that's not correct.

I have an iPhone, iPad and Desktop using Google Chrome, so only three devices.

However, my (five) registered devices are showing as iPhone 8 twice, iPad once and Google Chrome twice.

So the iPhone and Google Chrome have doubled up (which is obviously wrong) and although the iPhone and iPad are working, the Google Chrome on my Desktop is not.

It's saying I can't change anything until 1 November !!

Could someone from Virgin please contact me about this. I thought the problem was resolved but it isn't.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ianw22
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Device Registration

Hello again, could somebody from Virgin please reply to my original message above ?
Montiban66
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve had an email saying it’s fixed and it’s clearly not. Still can’t register or remove devices and sky sports still doesn’t work? Why isn’t someone from Virgin on here answering Peoples questions?? 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you not able to get to the separate Sky device management list via the TV Go website (Settings > Device Management > Manage my Sky Devices).

That should resolve any issue with Sky Sports apps or website
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ianw22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem is nothing to do with Sky, it's about Virgin TV Go.

Montiban66 and BenMcr are not answering my original question above from last Thursday.
0 Kudos
Montiban66
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So TV go works on my iPhone X sky sports etc is fine. Can’t watch any sky sports channels with the Device limit reached message coming up. Virgin aren’t responding to any of my messsges . Spent 3hrs on hold on Friday and still never spoke to anyone ?? Not a very good customer service. Not been working for over a week. Should be offered a refund really. But they won’t . 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For the first post there is an issue under investigation as @Kev_B has said here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Go-device-limit-reached/td-p/4425655

For any Sky Sports only issue there are two device lists. One for TV Go and one for Sky Sports. It's quite possible to have a device working for TV Go but not registered for Sky Sports which means you'll get the 'device limit reached' for Sky Sports only.

You need to go to the Sky Devices management page via the menu options I mentioned earlier and check that your device is registered there. If not you can remove any unused devices to allow a new registration for the device you're wanting to use
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
ianw22
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for pointing out the link. I have so issues at all getting Sky Sports.

The only problem is I now can't remove unused devices until 1 November. If that can be sorted out, my problem will be resolved.
0 Kudos