Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 32
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Device Registration

Hi,

I have tried using TV Go for the first time since the change from TV Anywhere however am having issues. I first tried firefox as I normally use however it said unsupported and to use Edge or IE.

I tried both and could not play anything, I just got a black screen. I finally got it working on my PC using the Windows 10 app. I have then tried to set up on phone again however it says I have reached the device limit (It is picking up the Win 10 app, Edge, and IE separately even though it is the same device).

Can anyone advise how to remove the browser registration as it did not work so I can register my mobile? It says I need to wait until January when trying to watch on my mobile.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Device Registration

@CalumH93 wrote:

Can anyone advise how to remove the browser registration as it did not work so I can register my mobile? It says I need to wait until January when trying to watch on my mobile.

Call 150 and ask for devices to be removed or for an extra device change.  You cannot remove it anymore you can only replace it.  In January...

... read this discussion on the new improved device change.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/My-devices-not-showing-how-many-swaps-remain/td-p/...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have 2 devices registered on my account. An iPad and an iMac.

When I try to access a programme on my iMac TV Go will not recognise it as a registered device. Have tried deleting and adding iMac again but no success.

What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 32
Flag for a moderator

What browser are you using on your Mac, and when you say you tried to deleting your Mac, where did you do this?

With TV Go there is no way to delete a registered device until you choose to replace it with a new device.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Tried 150 this morning, the guy didn't seem to know what I was talking about and would transfer me to the 'advanced team' then cut me off.......

Not impressed by Virgin Media with this change over.
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 6 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr wrote:
What browser are you using on your Mac, and when you say you tried to deleting your Mac, where did you do this?

With TV Go there is no way to delete a registered device until you choose to replace it with a new device.

I am using Safari on my Mac to access TV GO.

Just been on to customer services and the chap deleted my Mac and then I was able to access programmes and reregister my Mac.

This did not last, on bring to access a programme it started to play and then stopped with this error message.

CAN'T REGISTER THIS DEVICE

You have reached the maximum number of devices you can stream with. You can use one of the already registered devices or register a new device again on 01-01-2018.

Have spent nearly an hour with the call centre and redirected ti UK tech help.

Where do I go from here.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 32
Flag for a moderator

just spent another 30 odd minutes with customer services who do not know how to resolve this problem.

Have VM actually trained these people with the problems with TV GO?????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Tried 150 again today and no help at all, also tried live chat and the exact same.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 9 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@CalumH93 wrote:

Tried 150 again today and no help at all, also tried live chat and the exact same.

Has anyone managed to find a way around this?

When this has happened to me on an all too frequent basis I tend to give up and wait until the start of the next month. I would have thought that while TV GO was bedding down and there is no way of knowing what devices actually work this restriction would have been removed.    150 is your best hope, but select the faults option rather than customer service.  Trouble is it is likely to take about an hour to do if my experiences are anything to go by (hence why I don't bother).  I cancelled Sky Sports because of this re-registration issue and moved to Now TV who can provide extra device changes within 5 minutes if you contact them via online chat.  When BT Sport is on Now TV, I will just downgrade to the lowest TV package and use iPlayer, All 4 etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi CalumH93,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with Virgin TV Go.

I've located your account and reset your devices. Try re-registering and let me know if you get any issues.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos