Menu
NotsoSilentBob
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Go Cannot log in after reinstalltion

Until a week ago TV Go was working fine on my Huawei tablet. It stopped working so I followed the advice on the forum to uninstall/reinstall. However, I get stuck at the sign in page with a pop up box saying, 'please enter your username (usually your email address)'. This is my main account details which continue to work fine with Main account log in, PC TV GO log in and Sky Sport log in. 

I just cannot log in and it is very frustrating. Why will it not work on my Android tablet all of a sudden?? Seems this is happening to a lot of other customers. I only have 3 devices registered BTW. 

I have the Maxit package but feel I am getting sold short here...

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go Cannot log in after reinstalltion

Hi NotsoSilentBob

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear of the TV GO issues. 

Can you confirm, are you using the same details you're using to login to the My VM details? 

Also, does it meet the TV GO device requirements, which can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
NotsoSilentBob
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am trying to log in to TV Go using my main account details. It worked fine before and similarly works fine with TV Go on PC. 

My device is using Android 8.  4GB Ram and 64GB storage. Plenty of space...

Regards

NSSB

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me.

Have you tried deleting and re-adding the app?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @NotsoSilentBob 

Apologies for the issues you've had with TV Go, we're currently looking into the cause of the issue in more detail. .

Would you mind just confirming the device name, version of Android, and the app version please?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
NotsoSilentBob
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying.

In answer to your questions:

Huawei M5 Lite Tablet
Android version 8.0.0
TV Go Version 2.3.55 Prod(22401)

My current devices registered are listed in the attached image:

Devices.jpg

All work with my main account log in except the Huawei which did until I reinstalled TV Go. 

Regards

NSSB

0 Kudos
NotsoSilentBob
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't wish to sound rude but did you really read the initial post of this thread? I am posting clear information about the steps I have taken to rectify this problem and yet I keep getting asked questions you can answer for yourself if you read my posts. 

All I want is a solution to a problem with your application which has stopped working on one (not all) of my devices. I am paying £140 per month for my package and starting to feel I am getting cut price service when it comes to customer support. 

In answer to your question and as I said in the initial post, yes, I have deleted and reinstalled the package several time. I have cleared caches and deleted data. It still doesn't let me log in with my proper main account credentials. 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi NotsoSilentBob,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue, I am sorry its been causing some frustration with your TV viewings.

I have checked your services and cannot see any outstanding issues with your internet or TV that could be causing a knock on affect with your TV GO app.

I have reset the devices on the TV GO app as this has worked for other users in the past, could you please try logging in now to see if this has rectified it?

If not we can continue to help! It's just a case of testing and investigating at the moment 🙂

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
NotsoSilentBob
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say that resetting the devices your end has made no difference this end...I still get the same result on my Huawei tablet (username or password looks wrong popup).

I'll change my main account password and see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi NotsosilentBob,

Thanks for coming back to me with that, I am sorry that didn't work. 

Yes please do try the change of password and we will continue to help if this does not work also. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos