Menu
WillCW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Go App device recognition

Tried to login into tonights match on my PC but app deosn't recognize. It has registered it four times now so up to my max. But None of the four allows access to the TV.

0 Kudos
WillCW
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go App device recognition

Anybody?

I am using lastest Chrome and Windows 10. Trying to log on with either the app or website gives the same message about reching maximum number of devices. Fine on my Android phone but the four devices listed as my computer are all the same device and do not work.

If tech on here can clear those four computer slots for me and tell me what exactly I need to do to successfully login into TV go with app or on website on my PC. I see from previous forum messages that this is a widespread problem but no clear solutions are provided.

Frustrated and a little annoyed.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with access to the TV GO app on Windows @WillCW.

Do you clear your cookies when you log off from your browser? If you do clear your cookies, the app won't recognise as your pc as a registered device and ask you to register again. 

I can arrange for the devices to be cleared but we would need to pass account security to do this, we can do this by private message that I will drop over in a minute, please look out for this and we can get this done for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
WillCW
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, I did not clear the cookies.

Having registered as requested the same device four times in succession without closing the browser this would not have been the problem anyway. So four 'My computer' slots are for the same device and does not allow access.

Tried to login to Sky Sports last night (with VM account) and that didn't work either.

There are serious issues with this service that I can see comes up regularly in the community.

Would appreciate resolution.

I did receive a no_reply message but I await your PM on this.

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @WillCW

Tried to login to Sky Sports last night (with VM account) and that didn't work either.

This was an issue with the Sky sports website that affected all of our customers trying to use the site, the service was still available by the app.

I can arrange for the devices to be cleared but we would need to pass account security to do this, we can do this by private message that I will drop over in a minute, please look out for this and we can get this done for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for confirming your details and joining me in a private message.

I have been able to reset your devices for TV GO, this should now resolve the issues that you've been having. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
WillCW
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. Working now.

0 Kudos
heatherg1
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the same issues with my laptop whereby it has four registrations of the same laptop. When i try to watch anything now it says i need to wait 9 more days to register another device?

I only ever use a laptop and a tablet.

If you can help i would be very grateful

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi heatherg1, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TV go service. I will send you a private message to get this resolved for you, Chris, 

0 Kudos
silverscoob
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Same here.  

I am having the same issues with my laptop whereby it has four registrations of the same laptop. When i try to watch anything now it says i need to wait till the end of Feb! to register another device?

Never use Ingognito nor clear cookies, same on my laptop and desktop..

0 Kudos