Menu
mozabar2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Go App Problem

Earlier on today I was watching the TV go app on my Windows 10 PC, suddenly I got a message stating "Sorry - This isnt available. Sorry - We cant play this at the moment" Since getting the error on my PC, I'm also getting the same error in the Chrome web browser and also on my Android device. If I try to open the app in a different browser I get device limit reached, so totally dead in the water at the moment.

Trying to contact support is nearly impossible . Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Go App Problem

Just have a read around several of the other threads on this forum

Virgin in their wisdom have deactivated the App that runs in Windows 10 so that those using a PC to access TvGo now have no option but to be re-directed to signing in to TvGo via whatever browser they are using (Edge, Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox) by going searching for "Virgin Media TV Go" This takes you to a web address of www.virgintvgo.virginmedia.com where you will be presented with the TVGo home page.

However this browser edition is beset with the same old problems that have been around for at least 2 years. ie that the devices are not recognised as being the same device when you log in to separate sessions. You then very quickly build up to the maximum permitted level of devices despite them being the same eg "My Computer-Chrome browser" Once you have reached 5 devices you are locked out of the system for 30 days.

There appears to be no way to delete these duplicate devices and the only cure currently is to access someone via the helpline and get them to reset your account. However that reset is not guaranteed to solve the issue.

The stickie at the top of this forum seems to imply that the problem is fixed but it is patently not fixed so far.

Hope this helps and good luck

arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10 app is closed. You have to re-register another device. There is a "chrome app" you should be prompted for if you access tv go via a browser if you remove windows 10 app and clear all your cookies in chrome. Hopefully you have some device changes to cater for the change(s) Virgin have forced upon you.

0 Kudos
mozabar2000
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info and I'll remember to give it a go if the problem happens again.

Fortunately this morning everything is working again and therefore I didn't get a chance to follow your guidance. 

0 Kudos
mozabar2000
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info and I'll remember to give it a go if the problem happens again.

Fortunately this morning everything is working again and therefore I didn't get a chance to follow your guidance.
0 Kudos
Russ7
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem every time I comeback to use TV GO via a web browser, this problem has persisted for years.

0 Kudos