Menu
br2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV GO

When i try to login to TV GO i keep getting the use main account error message. I have tried different devices, cleared cache etc no joy. I rang Customer Services twice and they were unable to help. The issue began after i changed my login email and deleted my old main one; TV GO is seeing my login email as a sub-account.  As i can login to My media why can i not login to TV GO. I also have an issue creating a new email address-i get the 'oops something went wrong' message. From what others are saying, it is a Virgin issue; customer service so far, is utterly useless in this matter.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV GO

Hi br2,

Thank you for getting in touch, and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your TVGO account.

I'll just need to confirm some details with you via private message. Could you please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen?

Thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
br2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well, it didn't last long!. I can no longer watch live TV on my laptop as i am told (by the app) five devices have been registered and I have to wait until 1-6-21 to register another device. In fact only two devices have been registered; my laptop and phone, but my laptop shows as being registered FOUR times.

Also, the oops something broken message is back when I try to edit my email accounts, but I can log onto My Virgin Media.

I had a guy call asking if he could close out the ticket from a previous issue;should have said no.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi br2, 

Thanks for popping back to us on this one. I'm really sorry to hear that you are still having issues. As these are different to the original issue that was raised, it is right that the IT Ticket was closed but don't worry we can get these new issues sorted. 

If we start with refreshing the devices. It may be registering the same device more than once due to settings on your devices. Each time the cache and cookies are deleted, the device would re-register itself. We can reset the devices you have registered from here so you can then re-register the device you want to use. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

With regards to the email error, are you trying to access the email through My Virgin Media or through mail.virginmedia.com? When you say you want to edit the emails, is there something specific you want to edit or are you trying to delete mail accounts? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi br2, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this via private message with your information. 

I have reset the TV Go devices for you now so you should be able to re-register the devices you want connected. 

In terms of the emails, when signing in to My VM, make sure you are using the primary account to sign in. Does it display the sub accounts then or does the page not display anything? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi br2, 

Thanks again for your private message. While we are not discussing account specific information, you can just reply to this thread instead of sending a message 🙂

Your browser should automatically ask you to accept cookies when you first load the website. The URL is https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html

With the email account errors, when you navigate to the page to change the passwords, does it allow you to view the accounts you have or does this page throw up an error? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
br2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, well it took a while but got cookie settings sorted so laptop recognized all the time. However used 4/5 slots up, so need a reset please. 

Still unable to access  manage accounts, so unable to manage my email accounts. This issue is a repetition of the previous issues, so can you please sort it out. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello @br2,

I would love to help you with resetting the TV GO devices, I will send you a quick private message so I can access your account.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos