Menu
cyberleech
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

TV GO sign-in is has stopped working

Strange message when I try to sign in to TV GO on my iPad. Note that I have used main user account, and this has been working for years. If says “Oops. That hasn’t worked. Please sign-in with your main user account. Sub accounts can’t sign in to this service.”

please explain this service denial.

73EE9445-F944-4A04-886C-02F25B73F893.jpeg

Crockret
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV GO sign-in is has stopped working

VM finally accepted that this was a fault yesterday afternoon after about 6 hours of customers reporting it. They raised a fault ticket last night which was then closed without the problem being fixed. Now we're back to square one, with VM denying that there is a problem.  Same as it ever was.

Rest assured there is nothing wrong your end, I and loads more have reported problems not just with the apps, but in browser too. VM may add this fault to the service status page, but more likely they won't bother, leaving hundreds more to waste time reporting the same problem before they'll do anything about it.

0 Kudos
arlowood
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Got the same problem here. Even thought I had mis-remembered my password and opted to go through the process of changing it. Even after that I still get the same message.

Thought  there might be an issue with it being seen as a sub-account so tried to re-register. Won't allow that as it recognizes me as an existing account holder.

This was first noted on my PC app so I checked my Samsung Tablet. Same issue there.

Mind you I've been having issues over the last day or so with the PC app playing up. When I tried to watch one of my channels it displayed a  message that I was not registered to watch this - "Try again" or something similar. I found that if I tried a few channels, eventually one of them would start OK without that message. Thereafter I was able to select any channel and it would play

Come on Virgin - sort this out

cyberleech
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Crockret - I'll try and add some pressure

hatfield
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same issue in CV8 via the browser. Cannot sign in to Live TV or catch up but can see my virginmedia and the bill!

Chris H
0 Kudos
Pclarke45
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

• I am also having the same problem worked fine up till the weekend but now getting the same message! 
  • No response from virgin 
0 Kudos
davidlapham
Joining in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here using both TVGO App & browser (tried several browsers & cleared cache etc.)

I do note a technical error was posted back in March?

0 Kudos
grimble49
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone on this thread now able to log in ? I have reported the same problem to Virgin, days ago & they still haven't fixed it or even had the courtesy to respond to my messages. does anyone have any info at all ???

0 Kudos
hatfield
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I got in with one of my @virginmedia subsidiary address rather than my main @ntlworld one.
Chris H
0 Kudos
grimble49
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I tried that with one of my @virginmedia.com accounts and not my main @ntlworld account and got in to TVGo. Just a shame that the customer response and  service from Virgin Media is so **bleep** ! 

0 Kudos