Menu
milbers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

TV GO on Laptop stops

Frustratingly, sometime in the middle of watching a program it stops and I get the message underneath. I am using browser Edge on windows 10 laptop. When this occurs no programs, box sets or saved programs can be watched and I get the same message. I note that others have also experienced this but no causes or solutions have been forthcoming from Virgin. Its about time this was sorted once and for all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

milbers_0-1611954501371.png

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV GO on Laptop stops

Hi milbers,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. Apologies for our delayed response.

I'm sorry to see you keep receiving an error that's disrupting your viewing experience on TV GO. Does this just occur intermittently and randomly? Does it happen across all different channels and other devices?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me. It occurs randomly on any browser using windows 10 on my laptop and I cannot watch any channel, saved or box sets. The app on android mobile still works ok at the same time I lose them on laptop.
0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is so frustrating. Has just happened again half way through a program I was watching. Will somebody from Virgin please get this sorted out. It is becoming ridiculous now.
0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Guess what. Yes it happened again. Will someone from Virgin please for heavens sake sort this out.
0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

YET AGAIN this has occurred half way through a soccer match I was watching. COME ON Virgin. Get this sorted out otherwise you will lose yet another customer because of your indifference to their problems. If I dont get any response then its goodbye Virgin
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi milbers,

Apologies for the delayed response. Have you been able to get things sorted since your post? If not, can you confirm that you have all the latest updates on your Windows 10 machine [you can check for updates from the start menu]. Also make sure you have the latest version of Edge installed.

To use Virgin TV Go in a browser please ensure you’ve got cookies enabled in your browser, that virginmedia.com is listed as a trusted site, your browser is set to allow protected content, and you allow pop ups from the Virgin TV Go website. The TV Go service will not work properly if using incognito mode or a VPN connection.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have done all that you suggest but am still intermittently having the same problem. Is anything being done to rectify this? Since Virgin Media changed from the old app these problems have arisen. The old app was fine so why change to something that obviously does not work properly? Can someone please get this sorted once and for all?
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi milbers

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I've checked with the team and we're not aware of this issue with the TV Go system. No current outages etc. 

Is this happening with your other devices or just the laptop? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
milbers
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The laptop is not at fault. I have no problems with any other applications which stream without any issues. Looking through other posts I am not the only one experiencing this problem. So I ask again what is Virgin going to do to rectify it?
0 Kudos