Menu
Erica1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV GO device registration reached

Watched TV go yesterday with no problem

Tried today and got the message that I had reached maximum of 4 devices and could not change for 5 days

I seem to have 3 registrations taken up with my windows desktop via chrome and 1 for a samsung tablet

How can this happen and what can I do about changing it

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV GO device registration reached

Hi Erica1,

Sorry to hear you've reached the maximum device limit on Chrome for TV GO.

Unfortunately it's common when watching on browsers expecially if you're clearing your cache and can happen when opening new tabs. 

Have you tried watching via our TV GO App on your Windows desktop?

Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues since you last posted so we can help.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Erica1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

A couple of days ago I spoke to someone in tech support who cleared my device list but then said I would have to wait until 1st August to use either of my devices. Somewhat aggresive attitude which is not  what I would expect.

I tried yesterday and at first all my devices were showing as available. I logged in to watch live tv which was ok at first but the second time later in the day I got the message that I had reached the maximum number of devices and I would have to replace one. 3 of the spaces were now showing as my computer and one for my tablet.

I have now gone in via your windows app even though I am using windows 7. This seems to be ok but for how long who knows!

I am still unable to watch live tv on my Samsung tab2. This is still with your IT guys and has been for several weeks with no sign of a resolution. 

TV go is very good, just a shame I cannot use it very much

The sky sports still works first time, every time

Best wishes

Eric

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with TV Go, Eric.  

Do you have a ref.# for the IT ticket that's been logged for your Samsung Tab issue so we can check the status of this?

If not, please feel free to send me a PM confirming your account number (or full address) and I'll get back to you asap.

Tom

0 Kudos
Erica1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

See myrecent post .

Everything was ok until yesterday when the same problem occurred.

Now cannot change anything for 23 days which pretty rubbish. Until a couple of months I never had any problems and had been using tvgo on my desktop for a long time with no problems.

Now I have this problem which is made worse by not being able to use my samsung tab2 to access tvgo. This is, as far as I know, still with your IT people.

I have tried to find the tvgo app on windows but it only seems to be available for windows 10, I currently use windows 7

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about this Erica1, 

When do you last speak to our IT team? 

Did they confirm if they would be contacting you directly once the issue has been fixed? 

Regards, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
Erica1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good evening

I was told by one of the forum team a couple of months ago that it was a known problem watching tvgo on a samsung tab2 and that your IT people were looking for a solution. I was not given a reference number.

In essence what I want an anser to is as follows - 

For many months I was able to warch TVgo on both my windows 7 desktop  and my samsung tab 2

A couple of months ago when I tried my Samsung tab it worked at first but if I logged out  and then logged in again I just got a blank screen. If I logged out again and reinstalled the app it worked once then failed agin. So I now cannot really use my tablet to get tvgo via the app.

At around the same time I started to get the messages on my desktop that I reached my device limit and would have to remove one. When I checked I had 3 spaces showing as chrome for my desktop and one for my tablet. This worked ok for a couple of weeks when I got the device limit exceeded and I would have to wait for 5 days before I could change any of them

This I did and someone on your help line cleared the devices.

Thinking this would be ok I then started using my desktop which worked for a couple of days but I then reached my device limit again and now have to wait for about 3 weeks before I can do anything. The samsung tablet problem has not been solved

I would like some help with this please. Why did this work fine for many months but now I keep getting the device limt reached  problem. I am not doing anything different to what I was doing for many months

It really is very annoying, the service when it works ok is excellent but when it doesn't is pretty rubbish.

I have SKY Sports and never have any problem watching on my desktop and on my tablet. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erica1,

Thank you for your post and we are very sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with our TV Go app, We would like to have a look into things for you via a private message, we will need to confirm some security details in order to do this. We will follow up right away.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos