cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV GO ON WIN 11

KIRAN1
Tuning in

Bought a new HP laptop, has windows 11. I am able sign in to tv go app and webpage. Cannnot get live tv to work!! i can watch boxsets and trailers, but live tv - i have sound, but shows just a still. everything is up to date. any suggestions pls? works fine on old win 10 laptop and mobile devices, so not a signal issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KIRAN1 

I don't have any issues using TVGO via a browser on my Windows11.

Have you tried an incognito window or a different browser?

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

Also make sure that you don't have a pop up stopper running in the background, and aren't using a VPN (either program or browser extension).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KIRAN1,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're struggling to get TV Go to work properly on your new laptop. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the TV Go app?

Have you also tried using the web version of TV GO to see if that works?

Let us know

Beth

KIRAN1
Tuning in

hi, yes i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, still the same. also with the web version, no luck. have also cleared all cookies, logged out, flushed the dns, tried hp diagnostics and trouble shooting. 

Hi KIRAN1,

Thanks for getting back to us. How strange.

Have you checked the resolution settings on your laptop? It's possible that they are too high for TV GO. I would recommend having a mess around with them to see if that resolves the issue.

Are you having issues with any other type of video playback on other apps or services?

Are you also having issues with multiple different channels/recordings?

Thanks

Beth

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi KIRAN1 

I don't have any issues using TVGO via a browser on my Windows11.

Have you tried an incognito window or a different browser?

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en.html 

Also make sure that you don't have a pop up stopper running in the background, and aren't using a VPN (either program or browser extension).

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, disney plus works fine. The tv go boxsets and trailers work ok, it's just live tv picture I'm having problems with. 

Had a play around with resolution settings, scaling, refresh rates, and HDR settings, and opened a new browser each time, still the same.. no video.

Hi Kiran1 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you with big virtual arms onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see that there is no video showing ☹.

Can you please show us screenshot of what is going on when you try? 

Thank you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi. I tried InPrivate mode, no change. tried different popup set ups, no change. not using with VPN. 

Tried through firefox ... it works !!! got video and sound. 😄 

i guess it's an issue with my laptop's settings with windows 11. 

Thanks

Hi Kiran1.

Great news! 😊.

Glad to see it is resolved, if you ever need us note we are one post away!

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you