cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Control app with Virgin 360

Midge1064
On our wavelength

Hi - I have just upgraded to V360 with the upgrade being done through our Tivo box.  I can use the Virgin TV Go app but if I go onto Live TV > Guide, I can only set a reminder and not record anything.  I saw somwhere, I think, that to be able to record, I have to use the TV Control App - however, that no longer recognizes my TV box.  I have tried to rescan, reset, have deleted the app and gone back in but it won't find the virgin box.  Am I right in thinking that to set a future programme to record through the app, it's the TV control one I need?  If so, how can I fix it please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Midge1064
On our wavelength
Hi - it's all sorted now thanks. No, I had no option to record - every programme said it was restricted. I had to plug in my 2nd box to a tv, make sure that updated and then put box number 1 back. I now get the option to record 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Midge1064 

The TV360 doesn't work with the TV Control app. All functions are now in the TVGO app.

Uninstall and reinstall the TVGO app so you have the most recent version.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi - thanks for replying.  So, if I was out and about, or even on holiday and I spotted something that I wanted to record at home, I could record the episode or set a series link from that app.  Are you saying that there is no way that I can set a programme to record unless I'm at home and actually do it on the virgin box?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Midge1064 

You can record using the Virgin TVGO app when out and about.

Using the TVGO app click on Live TV > Guide >  then select the day, channel and program you want to record.

On the next screen that opens you have three options :-

1 Watch. 2 Watch on TV. 3 Record

Select Record and another screen opens with 3 further options:-

1 Record complete series. 2 Record this episode 3. More options

So you can either record that episode, the series, or click on More options

Clicking on more options allows you to fine tune the settings for the recording :-

Record from series xxx and later

TV Box ( if you have more than one main 360 boxes you can select the box to record on)

You can also add padding to the start and end of the program, and decide how many episodes to keep.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Midge1064 wrote:

Are you saying that there is no way that I can set a programme to record unless I'm at home and actually do it on the virgin box?

On a TiVo/V6, TV Control app provides recording management and in-home streaming, while TV Go provides live streaming of OnDemand & broadcast channels.

On a TV360 setup, both functions use TV Go, so all the recording functions you would have used TV-C for, are now in TV-G

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

screenshot.jpgAs you can see, hopefully, I don't get the option.  

Midge1064
On our wavelength
I don't get the option. I go to Live TV > Guide > choose a programme and open it....all I get is a reminder or add to watchlist

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Midge1064 

It works for me, screenshot below.

What version of TVGO are you running? Mine (on android) is Version 4.34.0 Prod (4.34.23.105)

tvgo record topgeartvgo record topgear

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Mine is 4.34.4 (4.34.23.104) on iphone 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Midge1064 

I'm moving this thread to the TVGO forum which deals with issues with that particular app.

Hopefully someone else that uses ios devices may be able to assist further.

Have you tried rebooting the 360 main box?

EDIT @Ernie_C  Sorry to tag you, but I wondered if you could help with the recording problems using an IOS device?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.