Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Control app - always asking to sign in

Does anyone know how to stop the TV Control app always asking to sign in. It appears to forget the password every few days. 

Virtually every ios app has a facility for either "remember password " or to be able to use finger print reader or face recognition on iphone or ipad.

What's even worse is it's not really a high security app like banking etc

Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control app - always asking to sign in

Hi there @kgee1950 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the TV Control App. We're not aware of any issues at the moment - are you able to delete the App and re-install, log in and let us know if it happens again please? 

Let us know if you need any further help and we'll do our best 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with the the app installation it’s the length of time the login is valid for.

For example i logged in yesterday and am still logged in now but in a few days will have to login again.

Someone at VirginMedia must know what that period of time is and why it’s been set.

If users are encouraged to have complex robust passwords they don’t want to have to keep logging in when the device password should be all that’s needed eg through fingerprint or facial recognition.

I don’t see any other ios app on my iPhone that requires such frequent login requirement and it just discourages me from using it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kgee1950,

We need you to uninstall and reinstall the app and let us know if this works.

Zoie

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok done. Will monitor.

How long should that login last for after the app is shutdown ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you and you said a couple of days, have you tried it on a different device? to see if it's your device?

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've only just re installed it today so won't be able to check for a few days whether a re login is required.

As I said earlier a login would last several days but would then cease and ask for a re login.

That's also consistent with an ipad device I have so it's nothing to do with the device.

The software developer will have the definitive answer as to what triggers the requirement to login again, I am just astonished no one knows what it is.

Whatever the answer I can't see why the app can't be logged in indefinitely or like most ios apps it can be linked to the device password so that it can be accessed with fingerprint or facial recognition. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi kgee1950,

Thank you for coming back to us, I will get this fed back for you, please let us know in a couple of days how you get on.

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos