Menu
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV Control App : warning triangle

In the TV control app, under "my shows" on the "All shows" drop down menu, I have a yellow warning triangle.

Screenshot_20210218-205904.png

What does this mean?

I can find no help that tells me. I have no clashes in planned recordings. My TiVo is only 20% full. I can't think what it could mean.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control App : warning triangle

Hi escargo,

Welcome to the Community Forums, we appreciate you taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to see you've been getting an error on the TV GO app. In all honesty, it's not something I've come across before. 

I understand from your social media post that you do have the most recent version of the app on your device, can you please confirm the make and model of the device you're using?

Many thanks

Beth

0 Kudos
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

it's a Moto g(7)power running Android 10.

App Version 4.6.2-1379350

I've only noticed it since the last update. It doesn't appear on my wife's phone which is on an older version of the app.

Thanks

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In My Shows select 'Downloads' and the warning is there.

The message is saying at a future app update it'll delete any existing downloads and they'll have to be done again.

It doesn't affect the current version of the app or current downloads.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

That's extra confusing because I don't have a downloads menu, nor any downloads. (I didn't even realise that was possible)

Screenshot_20210224-180418.png

Do you have a link I can bookmark that tells you stuff like this for next time I get something like this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
C00kie_monster
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same issue, been trying to work out what the yellow warning triangle means.  

There's no "download" option in the app on phones for me either (Huawei P20 Lite, the app is version 4.6.2-1379350).  No idea what it means, was going to check it on my iPad to see if it was there, but my iPad is a zillion years old and the app has finally stopped working there so had to uninstall.  Need new iPad... need money.... *shakey fist*

Still baffled to the triangle on the phone though. Not sure if it should matter to me, is it warning about something... it's not linked to a specific show - it's only on "All shows".  Is the app needing something?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure why the Download option doesn't appear. Have you downloaded anything to the app before?

This is the message I see when I choose 'Downloads' - as is connected to the warning triangle.

TV Control message.png

0 Kudos
escargo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nope.

As I said I didn't even know that was an option. I've never seen it before.

Is that a V6 thing? I've only got an earlier TiVo.

0 Kudos
C00kie_monster
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Not seen that either, the app on phones doesn't let you watch tv (this is the TV Control app, not the Virgin TV Go app).

When you look at "My Shows" it has that yelow triangle with an exclamation mark in the bit that says "All Shows".  Doesn't appear anywhere else, can't see it affects anything - but no idea really.  

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Watching recordings via TV Control is possible if you have a V6. So if you only have the older TiVo box it would be why you can't get to the page that explains the warning icon.

As I said, it's connected to the download recordings change that's coming up in a future app.

No other functions are changing for the current app. The only other change that's happened is that the older versions of the app i.e. 4.5 and earlier have now stopped working.

0 Kudos