Menu
Pearl60
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Control App cannot communicate with TV box

Yet again I am away from home in lockdown and I use the Virgin TV control app to set up recordings and  check what shows I have recorded. Last couple of days the app is saying it has trouble communicating with the Virgin TV  box as says the box or app aren't online which is not true. Same problem on Android mobile  app and IOS ipad app. Virgin TV Go is working fine and status for broadband and TV is saying ok in the website. It has to be an app glitch. Anyone else having the same problem as do not want to wait an hour on hold to speak to a human and website support is shockingly poor. My contract is up in February and considering moving as service is so unreliable.

0 Kudos
Tyzot
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Control App cannot communicate with TV box

I have the same issue. Seems to be a fault or poorly tested app. update. Spent absolutely ages on the phone listening to VMs terrible hold music with no help available. After many attempts I just eventually got a rude agent in India who told me to use a paid third party to fix the issue and refused to escalate the matter. Sorry I cant help.  

Agents don't respond on here either. I even tried VMs Facebook page who were also as much help as a chocolate teapot.

I like VMs packages, but their customer service is non existent. Frankly it would be less frustrating if they just closed the phone numbers and webchats rather than wasting everyone's time on hold. 

0 Kudos
Pearl60
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply at least I know I am not suffering alone!

0 Kudos
Tyzot
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are far from alone - 23 hours ago VM put a post on Facebook saying "need some help?" So far there are over 1,300 responses from customers. Almost exclusively slamming VMs customer service standards. 

Clearly they just don't care.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

TV Control is working fine for me here on a V6..

Which boxes do you have? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pearl60
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

• It is V6 and has happened before and it is definitely an app problem and as usual no tech support available to complain about it
0 Kudos
Tyzot
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have two V6 boxes. The issue seems to be that my iPad runs IOS 9.3.5 due to its age. According the VM that should still work but I notice that my wife's more modern iPad running the most recent IOS is still working fine with the V6s. That is why I suspect an app. update is the issue.

0 Kudos
Pearl60
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

All of a sudden today the TV Control app on my mobile and iPad are working. I am 125 miles away from the equipment so no idea why this happens!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Pearl60,

Thats sounds very strange that it would do that from over 100 miles away but glad to hear that it's working for you now.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Tyzot
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Steven L - Mine will still not work through the iPad - How about a response?

0 Kudos