cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Anywhere won’t connect

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

For some reason whenever I try to watch Virgin TV Anywhere for my recordings it won’t work and seems to think that my iPad and V6 box are not on the same WiFi network (which they are as I only have one). Every time I load up I get the exclamation marks on the screen and when I rescan it does nothing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and also tried it on 2 other iPads, all with the same result? Virgin Go works with no issues whatsoever. I have tried the following :

reboot the box

reboot the wifi

used Ethernet instead of wifi

11 REPLIES 11

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There isn't a Virgin Media UK app called TV Anywhere.

The UK apps are either Virgin TV Go or Virgin TV Control.

There is a TV Anywhere app for Virgin Media Ireland, which is a separate company.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bagpuss12 

Virgin tv-anywhere/  is only available in Ireland. It doesn't support recordings. You need to use the Virgin TV Control app for recordings.

Edited - thanks @BenMcr  😃

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@newapollo wrote:

Hi @Bagpuss12 

Virgin tv-anywhere/  is only available in Ireland. It doesn't support recordings. You need to use the Virgin TV Go app for recordings.

TV Control for the V6 recordings 😉 

TV Go is for Virgin TV 360 recordings.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bagpuss12 thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

As other users have mentioned in this Forum, Virgin Anywhere is an Ireland based app and not something that we support with in this Community as we are only able to support UK customers.

I'd advise downloading Virgin TV Go here and letting us know if you have any further problems with this?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Bagpuss12
On our wavelength

I meant TV Control, the app where I can watch my V6 recordings. It has worked previously however has been intermittent. It was usually resolved by rebooting the box but this no longer works either TV Go however continues to work with no issues? It’s like the app thinks my device and the V6 box aren’t connected to the same Wi-Fi?

Thank for coming back to us @Bagpuss12 and confirming that you were referring to the TV control app.

Please can you send a screenshot of the error that you're getting, whilst trying to use the app?

Regards,

Steven_L

This is what I get

It won’t let me post a pic but under streaming setup it says Setup Problem - Out of home streaming is not permitted from this Virgin TV box. To set up streaming, you must be in the same network as your Virgin TV box (which I am)???

Thanks for coming back to us @Bagpuss12.

Can you please uninstall and then reinstall the TV Control App from your device and also ensure all software updates on your device are completed?

It would also be interesting to know if any other devices have been tested and have also experienced this issue.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn