cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretched display since latest update

frydo
Joining in

Hi, I've had Virgin TV Go installed on my Firestick for the last couple of years (I use it to watch Virgin at my partner's house as we can get VM there) It's been working fine until the October 11th update but I had to uninstall & reload it, since then I get a stretched letterbox display (when you actually open a programme, it's almost normal but a bit too wide)

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@frydo wrote:

Hi, I've had Virgin TV Go installed on my Firestick for the last couple of years (I use it to watch Virgin at my partner's house as we can get VM there) It's been working fine until the October 11th update but I had to uninstall & reload it, since then I get a stretched letterbox display (when you actually open a programme, it's almost normal but a bit too wide)

Can anyone suggest a solution please?

Hi @frydo 

Have you tried via a web browser?

VM don't support firestick devices.

You must have sideloaded the TVGo app onto the firestick as the app isn't available from the Amazon app store.  

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/how-to-use-virgin-tv-go-app 

Supported mobile devices

To use Virgin TV Go, your mobile or tablet will need to be:
  • Android 5.1 or later
  • iOS 11 or later

Note: Virgin TV Go is not available on Amazon Fire devices

Jailbroken/Rooted device and Second Screen

Virgin TV Go is not available on rooted or jailbroken devices. The use of Air Play, Miracast, HDMI or TV-Out and Chromecast is not supported.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali