Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: SkySports App - Maximum users reached

Hi,

did Virgin resolve this issue as I'm getting same problem. I have full package which apparently allows 4 devices to be used. When my daughter is watching Sky sports on her tablet and I go on my phone it states "Maximum users reached, your account only allows two users from your household to watch sky sports at a time" and at other times it says I'm only allow two devices and won't let me change even though I am allowed four and in my settings it shows four devices Allowed. So basically I'm only able to watch on one device at a time. 

I would like to watch on multiple devices as it states I can!

Andrew. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nitz,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with out tv go and connecting a different device, you will find all the information around registering a device on our TV go app here .

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 13 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

I have registered and changed devices before and no change. I have just deleted all devices and registered my tablet and phone but it still states maximum users reached and that I'm only allowed two on sky sports. So I can only watch it on one device!

Andrew. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can look into this for you , i will send you an invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thank you for coming back to me, so I can look in access your account and get this resolved please can you supply me with the following.

Your account number.
The name on the account.
Confirm if you are the account holder.
And finally characters 1 3 and 5 from your memorable word.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 16 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

My account is [MOD EDIT: Removed], Andrew Crook, I am the account holder, not sure if memorable word is password so rd1

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if this has already been said but my understanding is that you can now only use ONE device at a time with Sky now - the issue is that the error message still says two. This was a major change and, as far as I am aware was not announced at all by Virgin. People such as myself ( a few weeks ago) and Andy now are simply discovering it when it happens to them. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I hope the latest price rise will be invested in MEANINGFUL communication with customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 18 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Exactly. As customers we shouldn't be finding out about this after the fact and from forum users. I joined Virgin so that my family could use multiple devices as we all watch different sports which quite regular are on at the same time (football, tennis, cricket, F1 etc). No desrepect to mod for trying to help me but we have just spent around 2 hours trying to resolve only to agree with Marks comment! 

Cheers to Mark for the post and I hope Virgin come back with a meaningful response as attached photo still shows what is wrong. Doesn't allow two, it only allows one!! Screenshot_20190811_140923_com.bskyb.sportnews.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 19 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul, 

I'm also getting error “maximum users reached” when 1 person is watching sky sports and another also try’s to watch it.

I only have 2 devices registered.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 20 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carzy,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sky have change the ruling where you are only able to watch Sky sports on one device at a time, I am sorry for any inconvenience and the lack of an update in regards to this.

Kind regards

Paul.