Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports subscription error via Sky Sports app

After having a relatively smooth start to the Virgin Media oomph package, I've tried to log into the Sky Sports app tonight to watch the Liverpool match and was presented with the 'you need a Sky Sports subscription to view this content' error. 

Looking at the service status, theres a known error for TV go, but not going to resolved for another 2/3 days? Pretty poor service so far..

Anyone managed to get passed this error?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports subscription error via Sky Sports app

How recently did you subscribe to the sky sports as it takes a day or so for the data to update across the apps.

Also make sure you are clicking on the Virgin Media uk sign in tab on the Sky Sports app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I previously had it working since the 19th October, it was part of the overall package, it wasn't a subsequent add on. I've also been using the Sky Sports desktop app and had no luck with that either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just checked and working ok here.

Try logging out and the log in again as this can force a refresh of the account details.

I know it sounds like the old restart option, but is surprising how often it actually clears an issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ha, amazingly a full clear of cache and reinstalled the virgin tv go app and its all worked 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos