Menu
Rob90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports on TV go

Hi, apologies if this has been answered before as I know there are a lot of threads regarding sky sports on the tv to go app and skys recent decision to only let one app watch live tv at one time.  I have read previous threads and cannot find an answer to my question.

I basically want to know if the TV v6 main box counts as one of these devices?  So I can see everyone saying it has now changed and you can only watch on one device at a time through the TV go app but what I am wanting to know is could I watch live sky sports through my main v6 TV box AND also watch a second sky sports channel on 1 device through the tv go app?

I'm hoping that the main tv box obviously doesn't use TV go and so this should be ok?

Robert

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports on TV go

The V6 box does not count as a device in terms of the Sky restriction to one stream, so you should be able to watch via the V6 box and a separate stream  on a device.

You do, however, need to use the Sky Sports app rather than the Virgin TV Go app to watch the stream.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Rob90
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your response.  That's good hopefully you are correct.  I will soon see when my box arrives on Monday.

The other thing then is do you or anyone else know if it is possible to watch the stream via the sky sports app on a tv?  For example by chromecasting it from mobile to tv?

I would assume probably not as I remember previously there was no casting function on the sky go app.

Just checking though as I know with NOWtv this can be chromecasted to a tv.

Robert

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Casting to a TV from the Sky Sports or TV Go app is not available I'm afraid.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rob90
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thought that would have been the case.  Thanks for confirming.

0 Kudos