cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky sports error ovp_00005

bradley
On our wavelength

Hi,

Last two days I keep getting the above error code when trying to watch Sky Sports on iMac Computer

The devise has been registered for ages, has previously worked, but not working now 

Please can I get advice on how to fix, because the 'Go to Help Article' does not give any help on the error code - quite poor for a premium subscription service paid for and which I can't use the way I wish to or get help to fix!

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Bradley, thanks for reaching out on our help forum.

Sorry to see you're having issues with accessing the Sky App from your computer currently, we'd love to best assist with this.

Can you please advise if you can access Sky App on other devices without problems and can you also access the VM TV Go App on this pc and watch other programmes as normal there?

Please, also try accessing your device settings and see if you can remove and re-register your iMac just to test if this clears the error?

To do this, follow the below instructions:

How to manage Sky Sports app device limit

Want to watch on a seventh device? You can swap 3 devices a month by removing one you’ve already registered:

1. Go to virgintvgo.virginmedia.com > Settings > Device Management.
  2. Sign in with your My Virgin Media account (if prompted) and tap Manage My Sky Devices.
  3. Choose the device your removing > Delete.
  4. Watch the Sky Sports app on your new device and it will register itself automatically.

Let us know if the above helps and we're here to assist further.
Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs